Galveston Area Bow Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston Area Bow Shop

I’m new to bow hunting and looking to get my first bow. Can y’all recommend a few shops in the Galveston - Houston area? I don’t have specific bows in mind so just a good general shop with knowledgeable staff, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa Fe Archery would be the closest to you, but i like West Houston Archery. They seem to be more knowledgeable.

Comment

I used to go to Santa Fe archery, not sure how it is now or if it is still open.

Comment

Santa Fe archery is legit. Selection isn't huge but there's a good, knowledgeable and helpful crew there. I bought my first recurve from them and they went way far and beyond what I paid to help get me setup.

Comment

Santa Fe Archery. Good people and quality customer service.

Comment

Another vote for Santa Fe archery.

Comment

If you feel like driving to Dayton area you can go to Triple Edge on 146.

Comment

Hit me up sometime if you want to shoot out at the Saltgrass public range in TX city once you get your bow!

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  If you feel like driving to Dayton area you can go to Triple Edge on 146.
                  ^^^^^^^^ super good guys here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    Hit me up sometime if you want to shoot out at the Saltgrass public range in TX city once you get your bow!

Thanks! I’ll definitely take you up on that. And appreciate all the recommendations guys.

Comment

Santa Fe Archery is under new ownership. Big John will fix you up.

Comment

Any advice on budget to get a good entry set up? Doing some research it looks like $600-$800?

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                          Any advice on budget to get a good entry set up? Doing some research it looks like $600-$800?

You should be able to do that. Don't get a package deal without a drop away rest or you'll just be spending another $100 next month.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Went to Santa Fe Archery today, their waiting to get one of Matthews new bows in that the gentleman helping said I should wait for and give it a shot. Great service over there!

Comment

I haven't been to Santa Fe Archery in awhile. I was always willing to make the 45 minute drive, when I needed to have work done on my bow. Glad to hear that they're still providing good service, since the change in ownership

Comment

Working...
                              X