Tree saddle hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree saddle hunting?

Been looking into this Hunting with a Tree Saddle. Would like to see what green screen has to say about it.
    From what I can see it’s lighter, easier to carry, easier to move.

Just want to see from those who have experience with it, and what y’all’s options are on this style of hunting.

The pros, and cons.

Im in on this one as well. Bought the new phantom saddle and cant wait to get in the woods with it. From everything i see i can tell that it has the POTENTIAL to be a very good thing. Time will tell.

Comment

I love it. Super light and very mobile. I never have to hunt the same tree twice. I have a H2 saddle, Hawk Helium 20” sticks, and a Ridge Runner platform. My only issue is my dumb a** didn’t start hunting this way years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Setup in my new backyard. 16ft to platform.
        Targets at 20, 30, and just added 40 and 50 tonight.

My son is 12. We are both new starting this year.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last year was my first season in one and I love it. I hunt west Texas where trees are not easy to hang a traditional tree stand in, so this setup is much more adaptable to the crazy oaks we have. I also like the mobility. Last year was record acorn crop and deer stopped coming to the feeders for the most part, so I went after them. I had a Tethrd mantis and upgraded to the phantom. Also have the predator platform. I bought a used set of 12 wild edge steps which are enough to also pre set a couple trees with steps, and I have a set of light weight climbing sticks also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is definitely a learning curve, but overall I really like saddle hunting. Practicing here in Iowa yesterday. Tethrd Phantom, Tethrd tree tether, Predator platform, homemade linesman's belt with rated carabiniers and a Ropeman 1 ascender.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

my question is how comfortable is it? How long can you stay in stand with this set up? If you wanted to sit all day, could you comfortably?

Comment

Very nice, definitely looking into getting one.

2 questions to ask.
                I know tree stands we would use a safety line to break our falls in case we were to fall. What’s the safety line on the saddles?
                And what Are the chances of you falling While high in the tree on the saddle for whatever cause it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post

2 questions to ask.
                  I know tree stands we would use a safety line to break our falls in case we were to fall. What’s the safety line on the saddles?
                  And what Are the chances of you falling While high in the tree on the saddle for whatever cause it could be?
                  The tether IS the safety line. There is no need for anything else if you have proper gear. You should use a lineman's rope when getting in the tree and if you are extra cautious you can use the lineman's rope as a backup but it is kind of redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                    The tether IS the safety line. There is no need for anything else if you have proper gear. You should use a lineman's rope when getting in the tree and if you are extra cautious you can use the lineman's rope as a backup but it is kind of redundant.
                    Okay that’s a clear explanation. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post

2 questions to ask.
                      Also, as long as you're tether is connected you really cannot fall. I have seen some videos where guys have tried every way possible to fall (the one in the link below). You can basically flip completely upside down and not fall.

This video is pretty dang funny but it will answer your questions on tree saddle safety. Please watch you will enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                        my question is how comfortable is it? How long can you stay in stand with this set up? If you wanted to sit all day, could you comfortably?
                        Same question here.

Comment

There's a thing called getting into saddle shape. You have to practice and build muscles. Starting out we are rotating 2 hour sits while practicing shooting. 6-8 hours should be no problem. Next week I'm going to make a back support band. That will help as well.

Most new saddles have adjustable bridges which allow for bigger/smaller hip sizes and well as angle adjustments. Thats for sitters vs leaders. We love it and will be tag teaming come Oct.

Comment

I love mine I didnt touch my 2 climbers once last year and only hunted out of a ladder stand twice. But I will say, its definitely harder for me to shoot out of. I have trouble staying steady past 40. But I'm not shooting that far at a deer anyways so its really a mute point.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              Same question here.
                              Most saddles are very comfortable. Especially with the newer saddles. There are many new companies out there and they are all competing to be the most comfortable user friendly saddle available. Take a look at the Tethrd Phantom, the Cruzr XC, Aero Hunter Kestral Flex, H2, Latitude, JX3 to name a few of the most popular saddles.

Comment

Working...
                              X