Secretary Zinke Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secretary Zinke Out!

Geezus.........not even 18 months! I saw this earlier this week forgot to post it.
    I really thought we (outdoorsman) had found our man to secure our hunting heritage. He definitely checked the box in every category. I guess the glam & glitter of DC got to him. Honestly, he was not helping himself in that sewer!

Saw that. Seems to be a pattern of short-term employment with many high profile Trump hires/appointees.

I'm a member of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and they issued a press release about Zinke's departure. I don't wholly agree with it. Anybody in that position is gonna have a hard team pleasing everyone.

News for Immediate Release
    Dec. 15, 2018
    Contact: Katie McKalip, 406-240-9262, mckalip@backcountryhunters.org

Missoula, Mont. - Following an announcement by the Trump administration of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s resignation, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers President and CEO Land Tawney offered the following response:

“Ryan Zinke came to the Interior Department with an ambitious vision for overseeing the nation’s great natural resources, but he ultimately broke his contract with the Americans people. His actions - such as undermining the federal Antiquities Act, diminishing good faith collaborative successes in sage grouse management, and pushing resource exploitation at the expense of conservation - eroded public goodwill.

“Our American public lands and waters are valuable beyond measure. Sportsmen and women have a special stake in enjoying them, conserving them and defending them. We do not want industrial interests dictating their management, and we will not stand for an administration that values the priorities of big business and a few deep pocketed individuals over the will of the citizenry.”

Comment

Was a great dude for the position but I can only imagine what crap he dealt with in that crap hole...

Comment

He had some conflicts of interest that were impairing his ability to remain independent and objective.

AP Article

The Democrats coming into the House in January were going to tear him up.

This is one, while I like the guy, is in the best interest for the cause of integrity for him to depart.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
          Saw that. Seems to be a pattern of short-term employment with many high profile Trump hires/appointees.

I'm a member of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and they issued a press release about Zinke's departure. I don't wholly agree with it. Anybody in that position is gonna have a hard team pleasing everyone.
          I'm a member as well. Seems like anything he did was a negative to that group, but he was popular on most of the hunting forums I visit that didn't have to do with western hunting. You can say the same about Republicans in general.

Comment

News for Immediate Release
            Dec. 15, 2018
            Contact: Katie McKalip, 406-240-9262, mckalip@backcountryhunters.org

Missoula, Mont. - Following an announcement by the Trump administration of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s resignation, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers President and CEO Land Tawney offered the following response:

“Ryan Zinke came to the Interior Department with an ambitious vision for overseeing the nation’s great natural resources, but he ultimately broke his contract with the Americans people. His actions - such as undermining the federal Antiquities Act, diminishing good faith collaborative successes in sage grouse management, and pushing resource exploitation at the expense of conservation - eroded public goodwill.

“Our American public lands and waters are valuable beyond measure. Sportsmen and women have a special stake in enjoying them, conserving them and defending them. We do not want industrial interests dictating their management, and we will not stand for an administration that values the priorities of big business and a few deep pocketed individuals over the will of the citizenry.”
            Yep. That group has been on SCIs radar as it appears there funding is coming from a greenie leaning towards ANTI group. It was a odd alliance that i hope to learn more about very soon.
            Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            He had some conflicts of interest that were impairing his ability to remain independent and objective.

AP Article

The Democrats coming into the House in January were going to tear him up.

This is one, while I like the guy, is in the best interest for the cause of integrity for him to depart.
            Thx as i did not want to be negative as he was a good fit but some of those decisions were downright BAD.
            Originally posted by CEO View Post
            I'm a member as well. Seems like anything he did was a negative to that group, but he was popular on most of the hunting forums I visit that didn't have to do with western hunting. You can say the same about Republicans in general.
            And that is what i noticed also. Anything western was always a negative battle. That group really intrigues me.

Comment

He was a fox guarding the hen house.

Y'all don't remember White Fish energy?

Y'all see no issue or have a problem with this?
              Last edited by texansfan; 12-20-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                He was a fox guarding the hen house.

Y'all don't remember White Fish energy?

Y'all see no issue or have a problem with this?
                Yes, that was one of the things that was discussed. Very odd agreements and associations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some good discussion from our bow shooting brothers outside of Texas.

Comment

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforu...rum=36#4708553
                    Indeed it is!!!! I have read about half of that and will definitely READ IT ALL!!! The BHA group has a lot of folks paying attention to how they are evolving. They only have about 12 or 13K members as compared to SCI with over 50k but they definitely have social media savvy. Thanks a ton for sharing that as I will forward to about 7 non TBHers.

Comment

Heck, I ended up commenting on that link you sent from Bowsite.

Comment

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforu...rum=36#4708553
                        Good thread. Bowsite makes for an interesting discussion since the membership isn't regional.

Comment

Do you think breathing in burned mercury is harmful to your lungs?

Trump & Zinke thinks it is OK and is allowing you and your kids to breathe in more burned mercury.

Are you OK with that?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Do you think breathing in burned mercury is harmful to your lungs?

Trump & Zinke thinks it is OK and is allowing you and your kids to breathe in more burned mercury.

Are you OK with that?
                            Huh?

Comment

Being that I have a job that works closely with the National Park Service I actually thought that Zinke's early moves were good and spot on. He split the Service into regions that corresponded with the major watersheds of the US. The idea was to get these regions coordinating on conservation issues and practices. He then moved many Park Supervisors to new regions in order to get some folks out of roles that they were way to comfortable in. I really had high hopes for the guy but he really did not have enough time in the seat to see what he could get done.
                              I got to meet Sally Jewel. She didn't do a terrible job but her focus had nothing to do with hunting and access issues. She was a little too REI for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                              X