What is the Glock of 300 Win Mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother bust my Glock cherry with a Glock 19 5th Gen for Christmas.

Ive been trying to get him into the mountains for years to chase elk. He thinks he needs a 300 win mag to get the job done and doesnt have one.
    So, I want to accomodate as a gift.

Glock 19 Gen 5 run around $500-600. Im in the ballpark for less than 1k for bare rifle. Im pushing for a pack rifle but with future suppressor adaptability. Ive seen some decently priced BassPro Savage and Browning rifle and scope combos.

Im leaning toward spending more coin on the rifle and letting him choose his scope versus paying less than 1k for a rifle/scope combo.

What say Yall.
    Thanks Yall.

Savage is a great rifle. Some say ugly ,but never seen a savage that wouldn't shoot lights out.

Comment

Ruger American for 600 bucks, comes with a brake

Comment

If you want the Glock of rifles you want a Tikka... and he 100% does not need a 300 WinMag to kill elk. But he's a good shot, as I recall, so get him the cannon.

Comment

Also, the SWFA 3x9 is a pretty bombproof scope to put on top of it.

Comment

I would suggest a Bergara B-14 HMR. I think Bergara is making the rifles that Remington should have. They're right at $1000 on gunbroker.

Comment

Just reread all of the post. A Rem 700 long range would fit in that category. Savage long range hunter as well.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Like my Browning AB3 quite a bit. Mine came threaded with a muzzle brake on it for around $600 I think. There’s certainly better out there but for the money I love it.

As far as rifle scope combos go, I used to think they were a deal. Looking back, I ended up changing out every single one of those scopes because they just didn’t perform well.

We couldn’t hit a target with my BIL’s savage scope rifle combo. He switched got a new scope and we were hitting at 300 yards pretty quick.

Comment

In my opinion a Glock is equivalent to a Rem 700 when it comes to abundance of aftermarket parts ...
                  But if it were me, I'd buy a Tikka Ultralight.

Comment

Thanks Yall for the suggestions.
                    Im familiar with Rem and Savage. Ill go lay hands on Tikka, Bergara and Browning.

Comment

My next one will be a tikka I have a bergara in a 7mag and love it but have heard a lot of great things about the tikka

Comment

Another tikka vote here.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Thanks Yall for the suggestions.
                          Im familiar with Rem and Savage. Ill go lay hands on Tikka, Bergara and Browning.
                          The browning is unique in a couple of ways. The bolt throw angle is very short, which I liked. To do that they seemed to have to make the bolt itself very large which is kind of strange.

My original plan was to go for the Bergera, they seem really nice. I just happened to find the deal on the browning and went with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                            If you want the Glock of rifles you want a Tikka... and he 100% does not need a 300 WinMag to kill elk. But he's a good shot, as I recall, so get him the cannon.
                            Plus 2 on the Tikka

Comment

Bergara or tikka

Comment

Working...
                              X