TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms) (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Sendero value (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731696)

twosixteens 05-14-2019 05:10 PM

Sendero value
 
What would be a ball park value on a first generation Remington Sendero 270 Winchester very good condition very low (under 100)round count?

Mexico 05-14-2019 05:40 PM

1100

Raypo 05-14-2019 09:59 PM

I’d say $800ish

88 Bound 05-14-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexico (Post 14149027)
1100

This is a fair number.

ttaxidermy 05-15-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raypo (Post 14149442)
Iíd say $800ish

If you find a 1st gen Sendero that is in excellent condition you better jump all over it.. Borrow the money if you have to. ;)b

ttaxidermy 05-15-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twosixteens (Post 14148985)
What would be a ball park value on a first generation Remington Sendero 270 Winchester very good condition very low (under 100)round count?

Wanna trade? I have a 1st. gen Sendero in 7mm Mag with less than a box through it. It shoots 3 in 1 ragged hole at 100.
The only reason I would consider getting rid of it is because I have 2 exactly alike. Both in 7 mag. I don't use this one. I will only trade this gun for another gen 1 Sendero, in 270 or 25-06, that is in excellent condition with a very low round count. It is not for sale.

D-BULL 05-15-2019 07:19 AM

$750

Artos 05-15-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexico (Post 14149027)
1100

I could sell them for this all day long...more if in perfect condition.

New in box is reaching up to $2k if you can even find one.

512robby 05-15-2019 07:56 AM

I have one in .300 win mag

Shoots lights out

Excellent rifle. Traded for it about 1992

Best trade ever

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Shortya 05-15-2019 09:52 AM

$750-$1000 Depends on if you can find the "right" buyer

duckhunter175 05-15-2019 12:07 PM

Market on bolt guns, especially long actions is definitely on the softer side right now, I think you'd be lucky to get over $1k, even for a Gen 1 with a low round count.

Shurshot 05-15-2019 12:18 PM

is there much of a difference between 1st and 2nd generation?

Artos 05-15-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurshot (Post 14150207)
is there much of a difference between 1st and 2nd generation?

1st Gen was all black & non fluted...2nd gen was stainless fluted. Don't think they made the 270 in the 2nd gen.

Best guesses are only 700 made on the original in 270 & why it brings a premium...most all these guns were extremely accurate for factory. I'm fortunate to have found one unfired new in box. Would love to find a shooter at a decent price but they simply don't come around very often.

Too bad this one was jacked with:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812480196

ttaxidermy 05-15-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14150271)
1st Gen was all black & non fluted...2nd gen was stainless fluted. Don't think they made the 270 in the 2nd gen.

Best guesses are only 700 made on the original in 270 & why it brings a premium...most all these guns were extremely accurate for factory. I'm fortunate to have found one unfired new in box. Would love to find a shooter at a decent price but they simply don't come around very often.

Too bad this one was jacked with:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812480196

:eek:Why in the world would they magna port a .270?? With the weight of these guns being what it is it kicks like a 243 or less out of the box..
Heck my 7mags don't kick much at all..:rolleyes:

cwill 05-15-2019 01:41 PM

I've got one that's high gloss blued, non fluted, with a laminate stock. Chambered in 7mag. Any info on that model?

randal 05-15-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14150271)
1st Gen was all black & non fluted...2nd gen was stainless fluted. Don't think they made the 270 in the 2nd gen.

Best guesses are only 700 made on the original in 270 & why it brings a premium...most all these guns were extremely accurate for factory. I'm fortunate to have found one unfired new in box. Would love to find a shooter at a decent price but they simply don't come around very often.

Too bad this one was jacked with:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812480196

I scored a NIB .270 too about 2 years ago.. I also found a great condition sendero special .270 I need to put a scope on..

duckhunter175 05-15-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill (Post 14150336)
I've got one that's high gloss blued, non fluted, with a laminate stock. Chambered in 7mag. Any info on that model?

Is it stamped "Sendero"? I recall seeing a 300RUM with similar features not to long ago.

Maybe a distributor exclusive?

220swift 05-15-2019 02:31 PM

I just picked one up on Gunbroker for $875. I had been looking for a long time and most of the ones I was seeing were selling for $1,100 or more.

270 Senderos are hard to find

cwill 05-15-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckhunter175 (Post 14150423)
Is it stamped "Sendero"? I recall seeing a 300RUM with similar features not to long ago.

Maybe a distributor exclusive?

It is stamped Sendero on the barrel. It looks like a VLS though.

twosixteens 05-15-2019 05:36 PM

Thanks for all the input I picked this one up a while back I didn’t realize it was fairly rare I have never fired it and doubt I will I have 1st generation Sendero’s in 7mm Remington Magnum and a pair of them in 300 Winchester Magnum. I will put this one up for sale here before long.

Artos 05-15-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 220swift (Post 14150428)
I just picked one up on Gunbroker for $875. I had been looking for a long time and most of the ones I was seeing were selling for $1,100 or more.

270 Senderos are hard to find

You got that one with a buy it now right??

220swift 05-15-2019 05:56 PM

Sendero
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14150751)
You got that one with a buy it now right??

No. $875 was the opening bid. I didn’t expect to win the auction, but I was the only bidder.

It does have a slight imperfection on the stock but otherwise it’s in great shape.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/807632508

Raypo 05-15-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 14149589)
If you find a 1st gen Sendero that is in excellent condition you better jump all over it.. Borrow the money if you have to. ;)b

I have 3 of them

redleif 05-15-2019 06:29 PM

They shoot great, but definitely not a truck gun. Too heavy.

ttaxidermy 05-15-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raypo (Post 14150796)
I have 3 of them

If they are Gen 1's in pristine condition and you want to sell them for $800ish then I'm interested..;)

ttaxidermy 05-15-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill (Post 14150336)
I've got one that's high gloss blued, non fluted, with a laminate stock. Chambered in 7mag. Any info on that model?

It's has been refinished unless it came from the custom shop like that because production Gen 1 Senderos were not gloss.. No production Sendero was for that matter.
I bet that looks good.

cwill 05-15-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 14150825)
It's has been refinished unless it came from the custom shop like that because production Gen 1 Senderos were not gloss.. No production Sendero was for that matter.
I bet that looks good.

It's always been a mystery gun for sure. I bought it new years ago do I bet it was a exclusive deal or something.

Artos 05-15-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 220swift (Post 14150776)
No. $875 was the opening bid. I didnít expect to win the auction, but I was the only bidder.

It does have a slight imperfection on the stock but otherwise itís in great shape.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/807632508

I saw that when I was looking at some complete auctions & it blew my mind...I certainly would have bid against you but didn't catch it. Congrats on a good catch!!

How does it shoot??

I bought the same gun in a swift but yet to take it out for groups...just need to mount the scope.

Artos 05-15-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill (Post 14150902)
It's always been a mystery gun for sure. I bought it new years ago do I bet it was a exclusive deal or something.

Post pics...if it were me I would call remmy with the serial number & ask them to see if finish is mentioned. Interesting for sure.

trophy8 05-15-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14150915)
Post pics...if it were me I would call remmy with the serial number & ask them to see if finish is mentioned. Interesting for sure.

I recall a guy posting a similar gun I swore wasnít legit. If I remember it WAS. Thereís a post somewhere about it. It was way way different than any sendero Iíve seen or owned.

cwill 05-15-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trophy8 (Post 14151057)
I recall a guy posting a similar gun I swore wasnít legit. If I remember it WAS. Thereís a post somewhere about it. It was way way different than any sendero Iíve seen or owned.

Might have been me years ago, but I don't think I've ever posted pics on here. I have asked about it on another thread I think. I'll get some quick pics.

cwill 05-15-2019 09:08 PM

Not great pics I know, but maybe someone can shed some light. It's super smooth and shoots great. I've had it for approximately 25 years if that helps.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9cfb3a797e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d464073020.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Artos 05-15-2019 09:24 PM

Well...from that pic it certainly doesn't appear to be a re-finish as the stamping is solid. For sure I would call big green & see if they could shed some light.

No idea what you got & can only assume the stock was replaced or you got some sort of proto-type if it left the factory that way?? I certainly have never seen a sendero in that configuration metal alone. Thanks for sharing & let us know if you find out anything.

brokeno 05-15-2019 09:32 PM

Looks like a KDF gun and stock. My brother had a 270 KDF with the same looking stock

cwill 05-15-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14151231)
Well...from that pic it certainly doesn't appear to be a re-finish as the stamping is solid. For sure I would call big green & see if they could shed some light.

No idea what you got & can only assume the stock was replaced or you got some sort of proto-type if it left the factory that way?? I certainly have never seen a sendero in that configuration metal alone. Thanks for sharing & let us know if you find out anything.

I'll call them for sure. Can't imagine it is a replacement stock since I bought it new, but it could be. I'll let y'all if I find something out.

Geraldg6 05-15-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trophy8 (Post 14151057)
I recall a guy posting a similar gun I swore wasnít legit. If I remember it WAS. Thereís a post somewhere about it. It was way way different than any sendero Iíve seen or owned.



Yep that was me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raypo 05-16-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 14150819)
If they are Gen 1's in pristine condition and you want to sell them for $800ish then I'm interested..;)

Iíve never sold a gun and have only bought a couple of guns used. The main reason, I have 3 is because, I never sell guns. :). One day my boys will have fun arguing over the contents in my safe.

Artos 05-16-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill (Post 14151273)
I'll call them for sure. Can't imagine it is a replacement stock since I bought it new, but it could be. I'll let y'all if I find something out.

Wished you had saved the box...would love to see what sticker said. If you bought it new with that finish / stock then remmy should be able to shed some light.

220swift 05-16-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 14150913)
I saw that when I was looking at some complete auctions & it blew my mind...I certainly would have bid against you but didn't catch it. Congrats on a good catch!!

How does it shoot??

I bought the same gun in a swift but yet to take it out for groups...just need to mount the scope.

I just got it a few weeks ago. I need to buy a scope and get it mounted. I have the same gun in 25-06 and it shoots great. I would never sell either one.

TexasAg'13 05-16-2019 10:14 AM

I actually checked into a rifle in 7stw just like this one a couple years back that burdett and son had in CS. Remington explained that it was a distributor exclusive they did for a short period of time with the vls stock and blued barrel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

88 Bound 05-16-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 220swift (Post 14151800)
I just got it a few weeks ago. I need to buy a scope and get it mounted. I have the same gun in 25-06 and it shoots great. I would never sell either one.

Ditto! Now buy my scope already! ;)

220swift 05-16-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Bound (Post 14152249)
Ditto! Now buy my scope already! ;)

Iím bidding on one right now on eBay. Different from yours. We will see....

bow up 05-16-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-BULL (Post 14149673)
$750

Iíve got one in a 270 that will keep sitting in the safe for that price

fishman 05-17-2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill (Post 14151197)
Not great pics I know, but maybe someone can shed some light. It's super smooth and shoots great. I've had it for approximately 25 years if that helps.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9cfb3a797e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d464073020.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

These were a special run. Can't remember how many were made and what store it was for... They also had a special run of the Gen 1's that had a fluted barrel. I think they made 700 of them total. I have one with the fluted barrel in 25-06.

cwill 05-17-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishman (Post 14153196)
These were a special run. Can't remember how many were made and what store it was for... They also had a special run of the Gen 1's that had a fluted barrel. I think they made 700 of them total. I have one with the fluted barrel in 25-06.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to find out how many were made.

trophy8 05-17-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Bound (Post 14152249)
Ditto! Now buy my scope already! ;)



With it being mentioned so many times I feel inclined to ask what youíre selling haha.



Iím also curious about the laminate sendero and itís value

Capt.Bryan 05-18-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishman (Post 14153196)
These were a special run. Can't remember how many were made and what store it was for... They also had a special run of the Gen 1's that had a fluted barrel. I think they made 700 of them total. I have one with the fluted barrel in 25-06.

Carters Country in Houston had a run of these many years ago. Sendero's with the VLS stocks on them from the factory.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com