TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms) (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread! (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721400)

Stick1 01-28-2019 02:09 PM

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!
 
What it is:

Tier -1 Light Weight Carbon/Carbon build
Action – APR Hunter. DLC coated bolt and 20 MOA rail
Barrel – Proof Research Sendero profile. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector. You choose chamber, Bbl length, twist.
Stock – AG Composites Alpine Hunter. Stock will include bi-pod rail, 2 flush cups and inserts provided for Arca Rail adapter. You choose color/finish.
Bottom Metal – Gen 2 APR BDL(Black Hard Anodized)
Trigger – Trigger Tech Primary.
Cerakote – You choose color for action body and CF barrel tips.
Left-handed versions available
Price = $2,499 plus tax
Approx weight = 7lbs

Tier -2 Carbon/Steel build
Action – APR Gen 2. Full DLC finish and 20 MOA rail
Barrel – MullerWorks Cut-rifled Sendero profile. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector. You choose chamber, Bbl length, twist and fluting.
Stock – AG Composites Alpine Hunter. Stock will include bi-pod rail, 2 flush cups and inserts provided for Arca Rail adapter. You choose color/finish.
Bottom Metal – Gen 2 APR BDL(Black Hard Anodized)
Trigger – Trigger Tech Primary.
Cerakote – Action is DLC coated black. You choose barrel color.
Left-handed versions available
Price = $2,199 plus tax
Approx Weight = 8 lbs

Available Upgrades:
Trigger upgrades - TT Special +$55/TT Diamond +$140
Bottom Metal - Hawkins DBM w/ 5 rnd Accurate mag +$150
Muzzle Brakes - Area 419 Hellfire +$179/ Blended Radial +$125/ Blended and timed Gill +$150
Stock Paint – Custom stencil patterns +$250

Stick1 01-28-2019 02:10 PM

How to participate:

Ordering period will open @10:00am on Tuesday, Jan 29th and close at 6:00pm on Friday, Feb 15th. Call the shop anytime at 817-284-0034 during business hours to place your order during that timeframe. We will do our best to return all calls if you leave a message, but we can get extremely busy up front and at times the mailbox can get full, so please don’t hesitate to call back if you don’t get a return call in a timely manner. A 50% deposit will be required at the time order is placed, with the remaining 50% due upon completion.

The 2019 TBH special “is what it is”. We tried to create a robust package of features to address as many folks wants/needs as possible based on everyone’s input. We even added a second option this year to accommodate some of the earlier requests. These builds are are pretty much set in stone as far as the components and pricing goes, so please understand that there will be no substitutions for components. We did create a list of common “upgrades” to help offer a little more flexibility and customization.

Things to consider when ordering:
-Given all of the DLC/Anodization/Carbon fiber on these builds, there isn’t a whole lot of metal to be cerakoted. The stock will be the main canvas to set the tone for the looks of the gun.
-Stocks – Will start as bare carbon fiber finished.
https://i.imgur.com/qrVXgl9l.jpg
They look good. You are welcome to leave them as is, or

1.Choose any of the 4 carbon/camo finishes I originally posted
https://i.imgur.com/z42e3vcl.jpg
2.Choose any of the sponge or “ambush” patterns like we used last year(I advise visiting our FB or Instagram account for a ton of examples to choose from).
https://i.imgur.com/4FYIL1wl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tTdcgqrl.jpg
3.Choose any of AG Composite’s “house” camos. Some are awesome and certainly worth looking at before making a decision.
https://i.imgur.com/uI7YT23l.jpg
4.Basically any pattern that doesn’t require stencils is fair game. If you see a reference out there that you like, I strongly suggest you email us a picture when placing your order.

-Guys doing 6.5 PRC builds, know that this round works better on the long version of this action, and we are going to have a strong desire to lead you that direction when you call. There are also some trade-offs to running Wyatt’s extended mag boxes with this ejector set-up, and we’re probably going to try to steer you clear of them as well. Both of these issues were covered pretty extensively in the planning post, so I won’t re-hash it all here. In the end, it’s your decision to make.
-Hope this one does not come across as rude, but please have a good idea of what you want, or at least what your intended uses will be before calling to place an order. I’ll do my best to help you decide here based on my experience(along with many others here), but my front counter guys while well-versed at building rifles, will not have in the field experience with a wide number of options to get you dialed in on a final selection quickly.

Thanks to everyone on TBH for getting another one of these going again, and we look forward to getting this year’s TBH builds rolling!

Thanks,
Robert
Alamo Precision Rifles

ColinR 01-28-2019 02:22 PM

Robert. Do you have a picture of DLC black cerakote that is on the action? Is that a flat black or ??? I'm pretty sure I will want barrel to match the action so just curios what that will look like. Maybe a picture of a complete rifle in that color.

robie 01-28-2019 02:24 PM

Robert - Are you still shooting for an April completion of these rifles? Or did that change after you talked to Proof?

Txarrowhunter 01-28-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robie (Post 13957433)
Robert - Are you still shooting for an April completion of these rifles? Or did that change after you talked to Proof?


Yes did the eta change considering the proof change?

Stick1 01-28-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robie (Post 13957433)
Robert - Are you still shooting for an April completion of these rifles? Or did that change after you talked to Proof?

Awaiting a return call from Proof to confirm. My gut tells me that may-June is the answer I'm going to get, but we'll see.

Stick1 01-28-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinR (Post 13957426)
Robert. Do you have a picture of DLC black cerakote that is on the action? Is that a flat black or ??? I'm pretty sure I will want barrel to match the action so just curios what that will look like. Maybe a picture of a complete rifle in that color.

About as close as you can get to Graphite Black, but just tougher and slicker;)b
https://i.imgur.com/Q4ijEekl.jpg

bphillips 01-28-2019 02:47 PM

This is the regular sendero profile?

Approx 7lb with SA or LA?

robie 01-28-2019 02:50 PM

Robert, thank you for doing this and the excellent price. This is what I'm coming up with for parts if I just ordered them before gunsmithing:

Action APR - Hunter - $799
Barrel Proof Sendero - $830
Stock AG Composites Alpine Hunter (2 Cups, Rail) - $634
Bottom Metal APR BDL - $150
Trigger Trigger Tech - $145

Barrell Threading - $75
Cerakote - $125

Total - $2,758

Stick1 01-28-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bphillips (Post 13957500)
This is the regular sendero profile?

Approx 7lb with SA or LA?

Yes, its not the Sendero light. And yes, that's for the S/A. Depending on Bbl length/chamber and bore diameter, it could vary 1/2lb either way.

bphillips 01-28-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick1 (Post 13957513)
Yes, its not the Sendero light. And yes, that's for the S/A. Depending on Bbl length/chamber and bore diameter, it could vary 1/2lb either way.

I got rid of my last one for being 7.75lb and started moving to light weights. I’m thinking a 28nos would be back close to that once it was done


I’ll think on it

Txarrowhunter 01-28-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bphillips (Post 13957535)
I got rid of my last one for being 7.75lb and started moving to light weights. I’m thinking a 28nos would be back close to that once it was done


I’ll think on it

So there’s two sendero profiles with proof... I have several proof barreled rifle and I just now found this out. After looking at their website I see sendero is fatter I guess? Any reason not doing the sendero lite?

Phillip Fields 01-28-2019 03:09 PM

On the Tier 1 are we restricted to the barrel lengths listed on the Proof Research website?

Buzzsaw 01-28-2019 03:09 PM

whats a Arca rail adapter?

Stick1 01-28-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txarrowhunter (Post 13957554)
So there’s two sendero profiles with proof... I have several proof barreled rifle and I just now found this out. After looking at their website I see sendero is fatter I guess? Any reason not doing the sendero lite?

There is a couple reasons. Rigidity being the main factor. For a couple of oz's more, you end up with a stiffer barrel and a larger muzzle diameter that will translate to more efficient muzzle brake performance. In theory, the stiffer barrel should be more tolerant of load variances accross the board. If we were trying to build an ultra-light or a fly-weight, we would have selected the lighter contour for sure. This build will have the footprint, ergos and capability of a heavy long range rig, but still come in lighter than a standard weight bolt action.

Stick1 01-28-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13957563)
On the Tier 1 are we restricted to the barrel lengths listed on the Proof Research website?

Yes sir, can't do much about that.

Stick1 01-28-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw (Post 13957564)
whats a Arca rail adapter?

Tripod adapter

Txhuntr2 01-28-2019 04:23 PM

Is it possible to have the barrel and action coated in the same camo pattern as the stock? Like an ambush pattern?

oneeye 01-28-2019 05:11 PM

What a great offer this is Robert. I just can't imagine how many questions you have to answer!:eek: And your patience level for answering them all.

ColinR 01-28-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeye (Post 13957789)
What a great offer this is Robert. I just can't imagine how many questions you have to answer!:eek: And your patience level for answering them all.

Boy that's no lie. I only ask about 1 out of 500 I really have and still feel like I'm asking to many. But Robert never acts like he is in a hurry and answer each one very thoroughly. Definitely has the patience of Job.

sahunter 01-28-2019 05:26 PM

tagged

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 943974
I saw this one on AG Composite’s Instagram. Is this one doable and is it still considered a stencil-less pattern?

Stick1 01-28-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhuntr2 (Post 13957712)
Is it possible to have the barrel and action coated in the same camo pattern as the stock? Like an ambush pattern?

I can't promise how it will look, but I'd say it was possible.

Stick1 01-28-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinR (Post 13957803)
Boy that's no lie. I only ask about 1 out of 500 I really have and still feel like I'm asking to many. But Robert never acts like he is in a hurry and answer each one very thoroughly. Definitely has the patience of Job.

Ask away!

Phillip Fields 01-28-2019 05:46 PM

I was hoping to build a Tier 1, 7mm-08 with a 20-22" barrel. Looking at the Proof website, for .284 barrels it looks like there is no 20", and the 22", is only available in the Light Sendero contour. The 24" barrel is available in Sendero.

150class 01-28-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick1 (Post 13957853)
Ask away!

Robert,

Just sent you a PM.

Stick1 01-28-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957814)
Attachment 943974
I saw this one on AG Composite’s Instagram. Is this one doable and is it still considered a stencil-less pattern?

Yep! Anything coming straight from them is good to go. Stencil stuff will be things like kryptec, hard-line GAP, etc.

Stick1 01-28-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150class (Post 13957858)
Robert,

Just sent you a PM.

On it!

CastAndBlast 01-28-2019 05:50 PM

Am I going to be the only "dumb" one that goes with a 6.5 PRC in a 20" barrel? :o:D

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick1 (Post 13957859)
Yep! Anything coming straight from them is good to go. Stencil stuff will be things like kryptec, hard-line GAP, etc.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure because I cannot find that pattern on their website. It's similar to their carbon desert night but the pattern is more solid if that makes sense and more vertical than horizontal. In the comments they said that stock is made for Mesa Precision Arms.

CastAndBlast 01-28-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957814)
Attachment 943974
I saw this one on AG Composite’s Instagram. Is this one doable and is it still considered a stencil-less pattern?

Did it say what color cerakote is on that action?

Stick1 01-28-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957869)
Gotcha. I wasn't sure because I cannot find that pattern on their website. It's similar to their carbon desert night but the pattern is more solid if that makes sense and more vertical than horizontal. In the comments they said that stock is made for Mesa Precision Arms.

If they won't do it, we will. Just send that photo when you place the order.

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastAndBlast (Post 13957876)
Did it say what color cerakote is on that action?

No, but it looks like a different shade of tan than those on the stock.

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick1 (Post 13957883)
If they won't do it, we will. Just send that photo when you place the order.

Awesome. Thank you Robert! I'll be calling tomorrow.

Buzzsaw 01-28-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastAndBlast (Post 13957876)
Did it say what color cerakote is on that action?

might be my choice too, i like it. im not on facebook or Instagram, old fart

CastAndBlast 01-28-2019 06:07 PM

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw (Post 13957906)
might be my choice too, i like it. im not on facebook or Instagram, old fart



Closest color I can find to it is burnt bronze.

I would like to go with this stock

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3162a3bcf7.jpg

And this color action

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb4d7d7a69.jpg

RF76 01-28-2019 06:24 PM

Is everyone trying to see the rifles on the APR Instagram page. I was on it and it crash:eek:

Stick1 01-28-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw (Post 13957906)
might be my choice too, i like it. im not on facebook or Instagram, old fart

You don't have to have an Instagram account to see it. Just to Instagram and look up Alamo Precision Rifles

ColinR 01-28-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957869)
Gotcha. I wasn't sure because I cannot find that pattern on their website. It's similar to their carbon desert night but the pattern is more solid if that makes sense and more vertical than horizontal. In the comments they said that stock is made for Mesa Precision Arms.

I see exactly what your talking about. And I like the more vertical and more solid as well. I'll also be sending in this picture with my order.

OKFF610 01-28-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957814)
Attachment 943974
I saw this one on AG Composite’s Instagram. Is this one doable and is it still considered a stencil-less pattern?

Did they say what this color pattern/combo was called? This is what I want mine in.

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinR (Post 13957969)
I see exactly what your talking about. And I like the more vertical and more solid as well. I'll also be sending in this picture with my order.



Glad you understood. I couldn’t think of the words to explain it. But dang it looks good lol.

keatonskidmore 01-28-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKFF610 (Post 13958002)
Did they say what this color pattern/combo was called? This is what I want mine in.



No but I commented on their post asking.

ColinR 01-28-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKFF610 (Post 13958002)
Did they say what this color pattern/combo was called? This is what I want mine in.

Pretty sure that is what AG called there Carbon Desert Night camo but like keatonskidmore pointed out that one has more of vertical and thicker pattern than the one posted on the AG page. We're just going to send in the picture with our order. sounds like several of us will be.

ColinR 01-28-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13958031)
No but I commented on their post asking.

I have been emailing with Matt at AG the last couple days on the color patterns but maybe if enough of us like this exact pattern Once Robert gets an exact count he can get with Matt and they can just name it APR carbon Desert Night! ;)b

bowhunter2989 01-28-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13957856)
I was hoping to build a Tier 1, 7mm-08 with a 20-22" barrel. Looking at the Proof website, for .284 barrels it looks like there is no 20", and the 22", is only available in the Light Sendero contour. The 24" barrel is available in Sendero.

Im in the same boat. Ill be shooting this rifle suppressed most of tye time so im wanting a shorter barrel. im not sure what to do

150class 01-28-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keatonskidmore (Post 13957814)
Attachment 943974
I saw this one on AG Composite’s Instagram. Is this one doable and is it still considered a stencil-less pattern?

Saw this one on their page awhile back also and it was the route I’m wanting to go (for the time being)

Buzzsaw 01-28-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinR (Post 13958044)
I have been emailing with Matt at AG the last couple days on the color patterns but maybe if enough of us like this exact pattern Once Robert gets an exact count he can get with Matt and they can just name it APR carbon Desert Night! ;)b

I'm in Colin;)b

Stick1 01-28-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowhunter2989 (Post 13958114)
Im in the same boat. Ill be shooting this rifle suppressed most of tye time so im wanting a shorter barrel. im not sure what to do

They'll likely do shorter. I'll know when they return my call.

Black Ice 01-28-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick1 (Post 13958132)
They'll likely do shorter. I'll know when they return my call.



So have you figured out what we are doing yet?


[emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKFF610 01-28-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinR (Post 13958037)
Pretty sure that is what AG called there Carbon Desert Night camo but like keatonskidmore pointed out that one has more of vertical and thicker pattern than the one posted on the AG page. We're just going to send in the picture with our order. sounds like several of us will be.

Ok thanks for the info. I will do the same as far as sending in the picture to APR.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com