Building an Ar15 lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building an Ar15 lower

Is there anybody close to the Sulphur Springs or Mt Pleasant area that can put a lower together for me? I dont have the proper tools to do it. I want it to be right and not scratched up so I would rather find someone with experience.

Are you wanting some specific components in this lower?

I hear guys talking about 'building an AR lower' frequently. When I ask a few questions, it seems like many just think it is better/cheaper, but don't have anything specific in mind.

Complete lowers aren't hard to find online. Off course, the more frills the more the $$.

Recently realized I needed an AR pistol lower. Maybe I could have built it as cheap as I bought it, but then I don't have any special tools either, and if the savings is minimal.....

Only thing extra I need is the JP trigger spring set ($14) which came in the mail today and is easy to install with basic tools.

Comment

I put mine together the only tools i bought was a punch set, went together fairly easy. I think i got the punches at harbor freight fairly cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
        Are you wanting some specific components in this lower?

I hear guys talking about 'building an AR lower' frequently. When I ask a few questions, it seems like many just think it is better/cheaper, but don't have anything specific in mind.

Complete lowers aren't hard to find online. Off course, the more frills the more the $$.

Recently realized I needed an AR pistol lower. Maybe I could have built it as cheap as I bought it, but then I don't have any special tools either, and if the savings is minimal.....

Only thing extra I need is the JP trigger spring set ($14) which came in the mail today and is easy to install with basic tools.
        dont think people are building themselves to save money

Comment

Nowhere near sulfur springs but have the tools and the knowledge. You are welcome to drive down and I will teach you how it's done. Let me know if you don't find someone closer.

Comment

I just got the parts to build my 5th lower. All you really need is a punch set and some painters tape. Get on youtube and there are lots of videos that will show you how to put it together. It really is easy.

Comment

^^^^^^ What he said

Comment

If you haven't got it done or found someone yet, and it is just assembling the lower using a basic lower parts kit, I can do it.

Comment

If you buy a drop in trigger...one of the hardest parts outside of the bolt catch pin is done very easily.

Comment

Working...
                  X