TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Grass Seed- Suggest One (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806631)

McPatrickClan 04-14-2021 06:04 PM

Grass Seed- Suggest One
 
I am in Tarrant County and have some dirt that I am thinking about seeding for grass. This spot in the yard gets tons of sun and lots of water when it rains. I can till it before throwing seed. I'm leaning toward seed because I have more time than money.

What type of seed should I use? Or any other suggestions....

Das71198 04-14-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPatrickClan (Post 15570300)
I am in Tarrant County and have some dirt that I am thinking about seeding for grass. This spot in the yard gets tons of sun and lots of water when it rains. I can till it before throwing seed. I'm leaning toward seed because I have more time than money.

What type of seed should I use? Or any other suggestions....

I would get some type of Zoysia. Maybe Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed or something similar. Make sure you follow the follow germination instructions.

Calrob 04-14-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPatrickClan (Post 15570300)
I am in Tarrant County and have some dirt that I am thinking about seeding for grass. This spot in the yard gets tons of sun and lots of water when it rains. I can till it before throwing seed. I'm leaning toward seed because I have more time than money.

What type of seed should I use? Or any other suggestions....

Bermuda. Zoisa is great in shady areas, wont do great in an only rain area. Bermuda is very drought tolerant.

Das71198 04-14-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calrob (Post 15570328)
Bermuda. Zoisa is great in shady areas, wont do great in an only rain area. Bermuda is very drought tolerant.

Palisades Zoysia like full sun not shade, Emerald and Cavalier zoysia’s do better in shade. Palisades Zoysia is one of the most drought tolerant of the Zoysias.
In fact, some studies have shown it to survive up to 15 weeks without water. Another crucial distinguishing point about Palisades Zoysia that it can be mowed to as low as ½ inch in height.

https://krturfgrass.com/product/palisades-zoysia/

Deerguy 04-14-2021 07:18 PM

Stick with something native, several good native mixes from Bamert Seed, Native American Seed, or Turner Seed.

oktx 04-14-2021 07:20 PM

Bermuda.

bboswell 04-14-2021 08:28 PM

Sahara Bermuda is what I used and I like it.

Pstraw 04-14-2021 08:33 PM

Is this area going to have any traffic/animals or are you just covering up the dirt?

McPatrickClan 04-16-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstraw (Post 15570563)
Is this area going to have any traffic/animals or are you just covering up the dirt?

Pretty much just covering up the dirt.

Hart8 04-16-2021 10:56 AM

Buffalo..We've got a patch of it in a cemetery I take care of.I love it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com