Frustrating opening morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating opening morning

Here I sit, 26' closer to GOD, and now I have to deal with my neighbors dogs running all over the place. Not freaking cool. I can deal with the angry squirrels barking at me because the think I am in THEIR tree, or the crow that thinks I am in his tree. But what I cannot tolerate is neighbors dogs running all over the place. Once they figured out I was in my tree stand, all four of them went to barking non stop for about 5 minutes. Well, the Glock 10mm Hog Hammer barks louder than they can, so I popped a round off in the ground BEHIND me and they all ran back home, I presume. I guess when I get back to the cabin I will call my local Game Warden and find out what my options are, and yes, I have a good 5 minutes of video to prove it. Frustrating I tell ya!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve lived in the country my whole life and had dogs that whole time. There is ZERO excuse for roaming dogs. NONE

Put them in a kennel unless under your control

Hate it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
      Here I sit, 26' closer to GOD, and now I have to deal with my neighbors dogs running all over the place. Not freaking cool. I can deal with the angry squirrels barking at me because the think I am in THEIR tree, or the crow that thinks I am in his tree. But what I cannot tolerate is neighbors dogs running all over the place. Once they figured out I was in my tree stand, all four of them went to barking non stop for about 5 minutes. Well, the Glock 10mm Hog Hammer barks louder than they can, so I popped a round off in the ground BEHIND me and they all ran back home, I presume. I guess when I get back to the cabin I will call my local Game Warden and find out what my options are, and yes, I have a good 5 minutes of video to prove it. Frustrating I tell ya!!

That would be infuriating... And the problem is you are pretty much screwed. Roaming, nuisance dogs, and their owners, seem to have more rights and protection than we do..
      Good luck dealing with this PITA....

Comment

Well my answer always draws negative comments so I keep quiet. But it only happens once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right there with ya brother, I hear what you're saying.

Comment

Hard to do now since you put it on the internet but living by the 3 s rule has always worked well. Shoot, shovel shut up.

Comment

Do you best to notify. Then trap and take to the pound

Comment

The season is long

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post

I feel your pain. 6 weeks ago my neighbors 8 pet sheep broke through our fence onto our place and I politely asked them to remove them and I would help pay for fence repairs. After a week of sitting on his hands I finally made another trip out and repaired the hole myself (on my own some) b/c I was tired of his sheep running the deer off the feeders. Fast forward to last night...I pull my trail camera cards and am going through pics and sure enough...they tore another hole in another section of fence and have been at the feeder every morning and evening for 4 weeks. This was my opening morning view. I'm livid.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by JonBoy; 09-28-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                    Hard to do now since you put it on the internet but living by the 3 s rule has always worked well. Shoot, shovel shut up.
                    Right there with you...except it’s Shoot, Shovel, and SHUT THE _ _ _ _ UP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I’ve lived in the country my whole life and had dogs that whole time. There is ZERO excuse for roaming dogs. NONE

Put them in a kennel unless under your control

Hate it for ya
                      Thank you! The dog owner is responsible for their dog.

Comment

The 3 or 4 at the nearby houses didn’t come to see me but they barked non-stop from the time I drove in and parked until I left. I seem to remember it has been that way in past years too. Just thankful they didn’t come for a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          The season is long

And the problem will continue until dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            I feel your pain. 6 weeks ago my neighbors 8 pet goats broke through our fence onto our place and I politely asked them to remove them and I would help pay for fence repairs. After a week of sitting on his hands I finally made another trip out and repaired the hole myself (on my own some) b/c I was tired of his goats running the deer off the feeders. Fast forward to last night...I pull my trail camera cards and am going through pics and sure enough...they tore another hole in another section of fence and have been at the feeder every morning and evening for 4 weeks. This was my opening morning view. I'm livid...and really considering cabrito for dinner.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
                            Put a tag in their ear and people will pay to shoot them!

Hey didn’t bother that one doe but I am sure they don’t leave any corn for the deer.

Comment

No kiddin

Comment

Working...
                              X