Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

After several yrs of watching some of you purchase and improve your own slice of heaven we decided to become land barons ourselves.
    Like many I have dreamed of owning my own land for several yrs and had originally planned to wait several yrs until I could afford 50-100ac with river frontage along the Brazos. Well the more I looked around and thought about it I decided why wait, land isn't getting any cheaper. Also after a little research I decided the best bang for my buck right now is not where my ideal setting would be. What I needed was a stepping stone, a good starter place that was raw, decent size neighbors, close to home and still provided great recreation(hunting, fishing, camping and maybe a lake). Well my search took me to either hill or Navarro co. This area is about 1hr from the house and the further east the cheaper the land. I decided one day after doing some on line looking to drive by a couple properties for grins and giggles since I haven't even really discussed it with a bank or the wife. This was just a starting point. Well all 3 places I looked at had some kind of issue which I guess is why they were in my price and size range. As I was heading home I noticed a for sale sign on a property that was in a great area but not listed on any of the real estate sites. This property wasn't actually on the market yet because the landowner was planning to do some cleanup and repairs before it was sold. After some discussion with the wife we decided to make an "as is" offer and finally came to a settlement. we proceeded to move things along as quickly as possible and finally this last Monday we signed the dotted line. We are officially the owners of 31 acres in Navarro co near Navarro mills lake.
    I am really looking forward to this "project". It has a small stock tank that has fish, pigs and deer. It needs alot of brush work done to make it more user friendly. Will be starting very soon and I will try to keep everyone updated.

I grew up on a ranch and one of my main reasons for purchasing the land is to get my girls, whom all love the outdoors, out there as much as possible while they are still at home. A 4 hr lease trip isn't very condusive to alot of quality outdoor time. I will post a few pics.

It has a small stock tank, two creek beds, wild plum, dewberry, pecan, oak, wild grapes and a ton of poison oak

Also about 2 miles from the lake

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you... congrats

Comment

already some good memories made when we were "test driving" it.

Comment

Awesome... You need some land and space.. you have lots of gals to teach all the skills of hunting, fishing and self protection... Good for you.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Looks like an awesome place! Congrats on the new land

Comment

Congrats buddy! Looking forward to the invite

Comment

Congrats ! Looks like the family likes it.

Comment

That's a great thing there. Congratulations on a new adventure in your life.

Welcome to the bottomless pit of expenses though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      That's a great thing there. Congratulations on a new adventure in your life.

Welcome to the bottomless pit of expenses though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                      It will be, I've already got a long list of to do's.
                      It will def be a labor of love tho. I can't stand doing yard work at the house but I will work days on end at the lease and now ranch and enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Awesome and congratulations! We have 34 acres in Navarro county over by Richland Chambers lake. We definitely looked in the area around your new place as well. i have two daughters and they love the outdoors - i hope it grows even more with time. glad to see yall are already enjoying the place!

Do you have any plans for a hunting cabin or permanent structure?

Comment

Looks like an awesome place. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Awesome and congratulations! We have 34 acres in Navarro county over by Richland Chambers lake. We definitely looked in the area around your new place as well. i have two daughters and they love the outdoors - i hope it grows even more with time. glad to see yall are already enjoying the place!

Do you have any plans for a hunting cabin or permanent structure?
                            Eventually, prob gonna do a shipping container cabin, there is an old house on property but prob not livable without alot of work.

Comment

I dont know how I feel about your daughter having my exact same snake boots. But congrats on your purchase and beautiful family.

Comment

Working...
                              X