How much is a cow & calf worth hit by a drunk driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is a cow & calf worth hit by a drunk driver

Well Sunday my buddy comes over to camp and is freaking out, his neighbors teenage son took the short cut though his ranch because he got wasted in town
    And center punched a momma cow & a buck in back to back wrecks
    They can’t find the helfer calf .
    My opinion was kid and parents pay market price for cow + 10 years of calving
    And if helfer calf can’t be found they owe market + 10 production on it too

And if insurance takes liability
    What’s fair and equitable?
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-07-2022, 11:12 AM.

Insurance will more than likely cover only market value of the animals that can be proven dead.

Comment

who can prove his intoxication?

Comment

Market price for the animals is all that’s owed.

Comment

Once they pay for the cow he can buy another one so I don’t see the 10 years of calving part.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
            Insurance will more than likely cover only market value of the animals that can be proven dead.
            I had to explain to my best friends wife his guns cost a lot more than he admitted to...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              I had to explain to my best friends wife his guns cost a lot more than he admitted to...
              Mines an Ex now so my boys will get them all. Don't have to worry about that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                Once they pay for the cow he can buy another one so I don’t see the 10 years of calving part.

yup....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                  This.

I don't think it's the same as paying restitution on game animals.

Livestock can be replaced at market value.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    who can prove his intoxication?
                    Kids parents fressed up when question why he was was cutting through on the ranch
                    Parents are pretty liberal about letting both their kids drink on weekends

Comment

Market value only. Buy a new cow and calf, and let them raise babies for the next 10 years.

Comment

Replacement cost. Not what she would bring through the ring right now.

Does the neighbor have decent cattle? Your buddy should be able go hand pick his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Replacement cost. Not what she would bring through the ring right now.

Does the neighbor have decent cattle? Your buddy should be able go hand pick his replacement.
                          Yes , but it was the hired hands son , and the truck totaled was a ranch owned truck
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-07-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

You wont get nearly as much as you think you should. And with no arrest or police report of a failed field sobriety test, who is to say he was drunk?

Market value and move on with life. No more short cuts through the ranch. Problems solved

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              You wont get nearly as much as you think you should. And with no arrest or police report of a failed field sobriety test, who is to say he was drunk?

Market value and move on with life. No more short cuts through the ranch. Problems solved
                              bingo

Comment

Working...
                              X