Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK for range and home defense

Hello folks!
    As title states, looking to get one of the iconic rifles to my collection, mainly for collection purposes, but also home defense and occasional fun at the range. Does anyone know how AK-47 by Century Arms hold up against Kalashnikov-USA and Riley Defense models? Seem to be much cheaper at most websites, so I'm kinda worried about quality.

I’ve had one and never had a failure to feed! Century is a good rifle. There are better AK’s but if your just purely wanting a defense and fun to shoot gun it will definitely meet those needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought pretty much. It's almost 2 times cheaper than K-USA models if you dig a bit, and that's a pretty hefty difference in my opinion. I doubt it's as bad as a lot of naysayers make it sound.

Comment

Talk to Jim at jbiarmory.com out of Denton. He's a pro AK builder.

Comment

Century gets a well deserved bad rap due to their past history of being junk. The earlier WASR 10s were known for having poor finish, canted sight blocks, and generally shoddy workmanship. The same for their CETME clones. That said, my particular WASR is great and their newer stuff seems a whole lot better. I wouldn't be afraid of one if the price is right. It's like buying a cheap AR vs a expensive one. The better one will be put together and might be more accurate but at the end of the day if it goes bang and hits where you aim it who cares?

Comment

Home/Self defense is the key consideration in my opinion. Quality and reliability are most important in times of dire need. A quality self defense weapon would also work well at the range.

Comment

I’m trying really hard to not buy the new kp-104 12.5” pistol and sbr it

Comment

I made an impulse buy last week and picked up a Century BFT47. It was on the rack and had pretty wood, an AK has been on my list for awhile.

I’d heard the AWB vote in the house was getting pulled, then they ended up voting on it later that night, so that made me happy I bought it. Thanks Nancy, you put another AK on the streets .

The BFT47 supposedly fixes a lot of the Century AK issues, and has some nice upgrades. I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I’m hopeful it will be trouble free.

For some reason, many consider import AK’s to be superior, though they will admit they are produced with worn out tooling, not accurate, you need to bend/tweak/grind stuff out of the box to work properly, front sights are canted but it’s no big deal, barrel threads aren’t concentric so you can use a suppressor, etc.

They will brag about how you can build one from a shovel and a monkey could fix one with a rock, yet somehow they are so difficult to build correctly that only Eastern European countries who have been doing it for 50 years can make one that will last more than 1000 rounds
                Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 08-02-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

No idea about the century. I like my PSA though.

Comment

Id go with an import, WASR or a Zastava are the best buys out there right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X