1st Leg LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Leg LIVE!!!

It’s been a while but I’m back for a little bit. I took a small hiatus from TBH for a while. My evenings that were once soent loghed on to the canp fire are pretty much filled with a couple of little grimilins climbing on Daddy. I’m checking in forthw first 14 day leg of my season.

I hunted yesterday but was in the river bottom with no signal so i didnt start a thread. Adalee was supposed to have her first kickball game yesterday morning but it rained out so I got in the stand abouf 11:30 or 12 and sat til dark. I saw 2 does and a fawn but none of them gave me an opportunity to shoot. I’m ~20min out from the gate and will be in “The North Food Plot Stand” even though there’s no food plot anymore and even if there was I’ll be 1/4 of the way down the ridge it sits on. Lots of white oaks and pin oaks on the ridge and if they’re anything like the overcups on the river property I probably need a helmet!

We have a couple of nice deer on camera, but most of our bucks are still pretty inactive at least in the places we have cameras. A fresh new wave of hogs have mase corning a laughable matter so its mostly old school trails, pinch points, and funnel hunting. I’ll post a few pics in a bit. Stephanie and Adalee will be joining me this evening so it’ll be an interesting day. It’s good to be back.

Good luck this morning brother. I’ll be kicking off a whipstock here shortly so I’ve got that going for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck Steve

Yuuuup, rugrats will definitely change your priorities and occupy 100% of your time

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
        Good luck this morning brother. I’ll be kicking off a whipstock here shortly so I’ve got that going for me.

Open hole or cased hole?

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Best of luck Steve

Yuuuup, rugrats will definitely change your priorities and occupy 100% of your time
        You got that right brother and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          Open hole or cased hole?

You got that right brother and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Open hole

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
            Open hole

At least you don’t have to put up with that much longer.

Headed in, I’ll chexk back in when it brightens up a little.

Comment

It hasn’t even really gotten daylight and I just slung and arrow at a doe. I’m not 100% on the shot, she was standing in a pretty dark spot. Left and right should be money. Up and down, I just couldn’t tell. It sounded like a solid hit but I didn’t hear her crash. Gonna sit til 8:30 or so before I go take a peek.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                  It hasn’t even really gotten daylight and I just slung and arrow at a doe. I’m not 100% on the shot, she was standing in a pretty dark spot. Left and right should be money. Up and down, I just couldn’t tell. It sounded like a solid hit but I didn’t hear her crash. Gonna sit til 8:30 or so before I go take a peek.

Well that didn’t take long! Congrats!

I had a young 3pt come in early. Should be the start to a good sit.

Comment

That a boy Steve. Good luck on the recovery

Comment

That was quick. Good luck on the recovery.

Comment

Pigs coming

Comment

1st Leg LIVE!!!

Radar doesn’t show much rain for ET at the moment so you should be good rain-wise.
                          Good luck on the recovery.

Pigs? Two blood trails criss crossing can make for an interesting day.

Comment

Glad you made it back and good luck on the recovery!

Comment

I’ve got a dozen pigs inside 40yds and no shot. They’re creeping this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X