Crushed concrete driveway???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crushed concrete driveway???

Anyone have a good rule of thumb for yards/tons per foot of driveway? I need to build about 900 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Length x Width x tenths of foot depth / 27 = exact yardage.
    Cubic Yard x 1.5 = Tonnage.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Anyone have a good rule of thumb for yards/tons per foot of driveway? I need to build about 900 feet.

I built a very good raised 800'x12' driveway in 2000 that is still in great shape. I used 28 18 wheelers of crushed concrete.

Comment

Another variable is to consider what ground you are laying it on. Compaction and soil type need to be considered. If its mushy I would come in with large slag or bull crushed concrete for the base then add you standard crushed. In soft ground like open pasture you can easily lose 6 inches of rock below grade after driving on it wet very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Another variable is to consider what ground you are laying it on. Compaction and soil type need to be considered. If its mushy I would come in with large slag or bull crushed concrete for the base then add you standard crushed. In soft ground like open pasture you can easily lose 6 inches of rock below grade after driving on it wet very quickly.

My pasture is so hard my 35hp tractor and disk just skips across it.

Comment

Invest in a good set of ankle braces. I just covered up my crushed concrete driveway with black crushed granite. I'm pretty sure the home owner before me (who installed it) got it for free as it was full of trash and ground up very unevenly. I wasn't a fan and hopefully you can find better quality material than I had.

Comment

So, where does one go about finding crushed concrete???? And is it better than crushed granite on top of the caliche?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

crushed concrete sucks, if your truck isn't white it will be ... always

Comment

Buy a rolling magnet to pick up all the metal trash that will be in your crushed concrete.

We made that mistake here at work and won't again.

Comment

Ok! My question above has now been answered!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      Buy a rolling magnet to pick up all the metal trash that will be in your crushed concrete.

We made that mistake here at work and won't again.

The 3 main criteria for my driveway is cheap, cheap, and cheap. I can’t afford to spend $50-$60k on a “nice” driveway and build the house.

It costs $15 to fix a flat and $10 to wash a car. I can do that a bunch of times for the cost difference.

Comment

The 3 main criteria for my driveway is cheap, cheap, and cheap. I can’t afford to spend $50-$60k on a “nice” driveway and build the house.

It costs $15 to fix a flat and $10 to wash a car. I can do that a bunch of times for the cost difference.

How wide?

Comment

Recycled asphalt. I did around 600 ft for $7000. I did a six inch clay base first that I hauled and installed myself. It turned out really well.

Last edited by M16; 10-14-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I understand this completely. I got quoted $12,500 for a Caliche drive way 940’ long and 12’ wide. I’m just building a little at a time myself. I’m about halfway now. It’s been about a year. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of next year.

Comment

This is what 20 ten wheeler loads of clay rock looks like. Well...sideways....

Comment

Working...
                              X