75 mph tundra vs buck (graphic image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 mph tundra vs buck (graphic image)

So little late but was headed to the lease last Friday and was about 20 minutes from being there and a prob I would assume 3 year old 8 pointe kamakazied me and jumped in front of me with only what seemed to be about 8-10 feet between bumper and him. I was going 75 on the dot and had cruise control on and didn’t have time to react what so ever. Been hunting and driving in south Texas for 30 plus years and this was my first. My wife and 2 kids where supposed to be with me but changed their mind Thursday evening so it was me and my brother. Luckily he went under instead of over so there were no human injuries. Had deer whistles on the truck and this is the first tome I can think of that I was even close to hitting a deer.
    Feel like the damage to the body could have been a lot worse but it split the core support in the front and pushed it through the condenser and into my radiator so I was dead in the water knocked my power steering pump plum off. Being 220 miles from home really sucked thank god for friends with car-haulers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trucks can be fixed. Thank God you weren't hurt. Could have been ALOT worse.

Comment

Dang, thats some bad luck to be that close to camp and get hammered. First one in over 30 years isnt bad though.

Comment

Each one is different, sometimes the damage is worse sometimes not so much! Have driven through deer infested countryside all my life, my record impacts for 1 year was 7 including a 2fer. Give your thanks it wasn't worse, pay for as bad as it was then go buy a good grill guard, those things are great at times like that!

Comment

I figured it would look alot worse than that! Glad ya'll are ok! I would have a ranch hand brush guard on my Tundra if it didn't have sensors n the front bumper.

Comment

Glad you're okay. Lived in deer infested Wisconsin my whole life. Never hit one. My dad has hit dozens. Just got to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BTW, those deer whistles have been proven to attract deer towards your vehicle, not away.

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

That's why i purchased a Tough Country Brush guard.
                I took out 2 does at 65mph dead center with my brush guard. No damage, except to the deer. When in Texas on a full moon in Hill Country Back roads, its, raccoons, skunks, deer, axis, porcupines and even a badger that get the beat down unless I can avoid it. I never swerve, that is when the human gets hurt. Just brace yourself for the impact. Critters lives are not worth me swerving and possible running off the road or flipping. CR2523 and CR3008 in Edwards and Kinney County are really bad if the side grass isn't mowed by the County. 3' tall grass, you never see them coming until it's too late.
                I have added a light bar to reach way out there to see them way ahead of time. This has helped a bunch.

Comment

Looks like you might have broke the deers jaw

Comment

Glad no peoples was hurt but that sucks on the truck though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Glad you are okay. I grew up in west Texas and hit seven deer while I lived there. I know how fast it can happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

glad it stayed away from the windshield.

Comment

Looks like you hit him head on. No ricochet!v

You must have knocked off 7 of his points.

Comment

Rage broadheads do the same thing to a deer

Comment

Glad you were not hurt. Now it's time for the smell to set in. I hit one like that a couple years ago and that truck still smells like cooking death long after being repaired.

Comment

Working...
                              X