Arquero's wife is on a roll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arquero's wife is on a roll!

Last year, I was finally able to convince my wife, Edna, to start shooting a bow with me and this is her first year actually spending time with me in the blind. Last week she was able to make a good shot on a javalina. I kind of had to talk her into shooting one of those "smelly things", but she made a good shot and the javalina dropped in it's track for her first bow kill. In actuality, it was her first kill period since she was never exposed to hunting as a child.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Edna4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	24716371

This Sunday found us in the same ground blind we were hunting out of last weekend but the deer movement was very slow due to the high wind. Finally, at about 9:00am a lone, mature doe cautiously came in to the feeder. We have quite a few does on the ranch and since this doe was by herself, I hit the record button on the video camera and gave my wife the green light. As soon as the doe offered a good shot, Edna drew her bow, put the pin low behind the shoulder and let it fly. At the shot, the doe dropped and the Magnus Stinger tipped Beman arrow hit her dead center. After the shot, I think I was more excited than she was. We reviewed the video and saw that it was a good shot, but we decided to give her half an hour to expire anyway. After what seemed like the longest thirty minutes of my life, we followed a good blood trail and found the deer within seventy-five yards.

Name:	Edna Doe3.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	24716372

This is Edna's first deer and at this rate it won't be long before she is shooting better bucks than I am. I am very pleased with her shot placement and I am very proud of her accomplishments so far. I have been trying to get her to post her own story but for now, she is happy just reading over my shoulder. I was able to get the whole thing on video as well as some good cutaways while we were waiting to go fine her deer. Now, I just need to figure out how to capture the video on to my computer and how to edit it and we'll be in business.

Way to go Edna . . . very cool. Arquero, you have every reason to be proud!

Comment

Congrats to Edna. Been trying to get my girlfriend to shoot a bow too.

Jay

Comment

That is great. Congrats

Comment

Yeah, if she keeps this up, I can just hear the talk around the campfire now!

"You know Sam, don't you?"
          "Sam?"
          "Yeah, Arquero on TBH."
          "Hmmm... The name sounds kinda familiar, but I can't quiet place him."
          "You know... He's Edna's husband."
          "OHHHH!.... THAT Sam!"

Name:	Arquero_903.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	23815512 Click image for larger version

Name:	Arquero_904.jpg
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	23815513

Congrats, Edna!

Comment

Nicely played, Mrs. Arquero!

Comment

David that reminds me of the Bud Light commercial with Tim McGraw and the girls asking "Isn't that Faith Hill's husband?” Thanks for the profile pictures and thanks to all for the kind words. It might actually help to get her registered.

On a side note; Mr. Morris, you did an excellent job in the video.

Comment

MAN! That is good stuff right there. Congrats to you AND your bride. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Edna-YOU GO GIRL! Congratulations and excellent shooting!

Comment

Great stuff Sam! Congratulations Edna and fine shooting.

Comment

Good stuff. Congrats to your wife!

Comment

Nice work Mrs. Arquero!

Comment

Coolness!

Congrats

Comment

Great Job Edna. Another Slayer Joins The Ranks!!!

Comment

Congrads Edna!

Comment

Working...
                              X