JPMorgan Chase pulls out on Cabela's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPMorgan Chase pulls out on Cabela's

For those of you who have the Cabela's Club Visa card (which earns points for Cabela's gear) I found out today that as of February 14, we no longer receive points for purchases.

For me that was over $500 per month of points I was getting as ALL of my bills, were going to that card, and then I would pay the card immediately as the charges went through. So what this means is all my utilities, direc tv, everything I already do, was earning me points with Cabela's.

Well JPMorgan Chase announced they are cancelling the Washington Mutual Cabela's Club Visa program. On March 6, you will LOOSE all of your points unless you swap them over to the Rewards Club.

Their phone number is 1-800-898-6611 to call and make sure you get your points carried over, without loosing them.

To much expansion.

Comment

I just used all my points =)
      Whoo hoo!!

Comment

Mine is not through Chase.

Comment

Thank goodness I'm going to Cabelas to use all my points this weekend! Will be cancelling my credit card with them as soon as we get it paid off! Hopefully next month!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
            Mine is not through Chase.
            Mine is through WaMu, but JPMorgan is the folks who deal your points out to you.

Comment

I just called them and they said since mine is through World's Foremost Bank that they were continuing with their program.

Comment

Have a Wamu card myself. I'll be canceling it because Chase is changing way to much stuff and it's annoying me.

Comment

Used all my points at christmas... I do like you Videographer, I put all my travel expenses for work on there, I didnt have to spend a dime out of my pocket for the guys (FIL, Grandad, etc..) on my christmas list.... I will have to check into that once I gat back to the states, thanks for the head up...

Comment

Credit cards/ what is all this points you speak of. Did you not listen to Dave??

Comment

WFB accounts will not have any problems with their points, so it depends on who originally issued the card. Cabela's said you can have a card moved...may want to call and check it out. Glad my points are good.

Comment

Chase is a pain in the but to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                          Credit cards/ what is all this points you speak of. Did you not listen to Dave??
                          LOL Gr5 some folks use a card to pay bills so they can get free stuff. Since we don't have any bills I guess it doesn't make sense.

Comment

That sucks! Im gonna have to check on this tomorrow

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't have anything CHASE.

Comment

Working...
                              X