59 In Humble Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

59 In Humble Update

Just went down there and the river is about the same as yesterday. I talked to the state police there and he said the bridge would be at least a week before it's open
    He said they think the rail road bridge washed out and there not sure about the main bridge but most of the big concrete barriers washed out. Here are pics from this morning.
    Attached Files

Wow! I remember as a kid when the floods closed the river but I don't think it was that bad! That's been more than 20 years I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
      Wow! I remember as a kid when the floods closed the river but I don't think it was that bad! That's been more than 20 years I think.
      Yeah it's worse now. I was a sophomore at New Caney when that '94 flood hit Humble.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Yeah it's worse now. I was a sophomore at New Caney when that '94 flood hit Humble.

Hmm I was a bit younger than that but I remember it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have family that live just a few blocks off 59 in Humble and they had to get out. Apparently the house is underwater now.

Comment

Amazing to see. Drive that area every day.

Thanks for pics

Comment

Thanks for the pics, because that's my route to work. Work reopened today, so I will be working from home for a bit it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                Thanks for the pics, because that's my route to work. Work reopened today, so I will be working from home for a bit it seems.
                It's went down alot since this morning but there saying around a week if there was no structural damage. All the concrete center median washed out.

Comment

It is amazing that that water can do! The video of those barriers washing away like they were made of styrofoam is amazing! For those on 59 north that must get to the south of the river, until the back way out of Kingwood reopens, you can go to 99 to Hardy to 1960 and back to 59... I went that way this morning and again this afternoon... It's wide open and cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    It is amazing that that water can do! The video of those barriers washing away like they were made of styrofoam is amazing! For those on 59 north that must get to the south of the river, until the back way out of Kingwood reopens, you can go to 99 to Hardy to 1960 and back to 59... I went that way this morning and again this afternoon... It's wide open and cleaned up.
                    Thank you sir. That's the way I was thinking of going to get to deer park. That route to the beltway and then over to deer park

Comment

Tolls are waived until further notice too!

Comment

Working...
                      X