Bisch left us the little ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisch left us the little ones

My son in law John and I went down to the lease in Dogtown this past Friday to see If Bisch had left any decent deer on the place. Just kiddin.

After doing a little weed eatin around camp we cleaned up and headed out about 3 pm. John went to the astro blind where he shot a nice gobbler but unfortunately was not able to recover. I had gone to the trail stand, a lock on about 16 ft up that I had never hunted before. No feeder there , just hand thrown corn. Sat there kinda bored for a couple of hours watchin a couple of Pope and Young squirrels thinking they didnt know how lucky they were that I didnt want to spook something else with a shot.

Not really being familiar with this stand I didnt know for sure where something might come from and I was facing directly into the wind. About 5:15 I heard something walking thru the leaves and turned slowly to have a look. This buck was standing about 4 yards from the base of the tree I was in and we had a stare down. He didnt look worried and went back to the corn. I managed to get turned around in about what seemed like an hour with several more stare downs and got into shooting position. Started to draw the bow and he looked up at me for about the 8th time. I froze and he went back to the corn and took the last step I needed for the shot. He was nearly directly below me and I had to pretty much shoot right at the top of his back. Hit him in the right front shoulder and bending over that far didnt get the longbow back as far as I wanted and the arrow just barely cut thru the bottom of his chest. He spun and left and I watched him run off lookin like a 57 Buick with that arrow stickin out of his back like an antenna.

We could find no blood that night so I went back next mornin and finally picked up a bb size drop of red about 40 yds from the stand. The blood trail sucked for about the next 40 yds and then he opened up big time. Guess he went about 120 yds before he went tango uniform, but I got him. Meat is a little iffy but he is still my best traditional deer. Thanks for leavin a few good ones Jerry, hehe. Bob PS, that big old giand Sasquatch broad head put a hole in him like a cannonball. Man I love those points.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10point.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	24747826

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow buck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	24747827

He grossed 116 inches and wa 3 and a half years old.

Comment

way to go Bob...congrats

Comment

Nice deer Bob - love the commentary!

Comment

Way to go Bob. Is that a Black Widow you're shooting? Just kidding bud. Sure does have an interesting swing to his antlers. Nice buck.

Comment

Congrats Bob thats awesome!

I saw 5 does and one 200lb very proud board this weekend. That boar almost got a taste of your woodworking skills but he turned right instead of left.

Best of luck...

Comment

Great looking buck...congrats

Comment

Congrats Bob. Very nice buck.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck, thanks for posting.

Comment