Where is the rest of the gang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the rest of the gang?

Just wondering where buff, Chunky and the rest of the gang is?

Those two are prolly out killin' something.

Comment

I bet he's right!

Comment

Your probably right but you'd thunk they would of dropped in to say hey we are out on a nother expedition or safari

Comment

Javi i have been wondering the very exact same thing

Comment

I just found it

Comment

Glad to see you are back Buff,any good hunts to tell us about?

Comment

glad to have and be back

Comment

bought time Buff! hope you can track better then that!

Comment

I am here. Took a while to go back to the home page and figure out that my book mark had changed. Some may be clicking an old book mark and thinking that the site is just down.

Comment

I've been checking in every once in a while

Comment

"Mom" posted over on the Campfire. TPost posted the other day too. I'm pretty sure Chunky's been posting again since the crash as well.

Comment

I was out looking for Buff.

No we just got back from the annual Baker Ranch hunt in Rocksprings. The ranch was wetter than I have ever seen it and several of my magic spots were under water.

For those of you not familiar, it is a big ranch, 12,ooo, acres I think. They let 60 hunters on for this 3 day bow weekend. It always books up at the hunt for the next year, sometimes a few spots are left if any of you are interested you need to act fast.

Anyway, I know about 40 of the 60 guys, alot of them I work with and others we have come to know well over the last 15 years hunting out there. It is a great ranch for getting a meat animal, and a chance at a decent buck or exotic.

I always try to take one or two new bowhunters and introduce them to bowhunting here. They will usually get a chance and see lots. Okay, the report for this year goes like this,

Bob Snow....first bow deer (new Quinn recurve), Buff and I helped him get his first ever animal, a pig at the LSBA hunter earlier this year.

Bob McDougal...missed a doe (also new recurve) and then passed on several does trying to get a big buck he had seen.

DJ Johnson...She never misses...well almost never..LOL...shot over a doe and passed many small bucks.

Kelby Johnson...first bow deer, big doe from a spot she picked, she is catching her sister.

Jason Setzer...first and second bow animals, two does.

These are the people that I set up, dropped off, and helped, Everyone else that I can think of except one guy from Ft. Worth took an animal. He didn't want a doe so held out for trophies. One guy that I work with and camp with, got his doe, and then put a bad gash in his finger. After stiches he will be okay, but that was the one bad thing of the weekend. I saw one nice Axis and one big blackbuck come in. Also a couple of decent wt bucks. A good weekend.

As for me.....well, I didn't get a shot, but to be honest I didn't try that hard. Sometimes I was dropping 5 people off and getting them in their stands and putting out corn for them. It was always day light in the mornings when I got to my stand. I tried to put the newbies in the best places and didn't even take my bow one hunt and stayed with Kelby. I am at a point where I get as much fun from helping as I do from hunting (almost). So, I think at least 6 hunters got their first bow kills this weekend, a good hunt.

My truck and trailer was loaded down, most people I take have little equipment yet. I packed....my atv and two others, 5 tripods, 3 ladder stands, 3 tent blinds, 4 ice chests...etc.

A lot of work, but worth it!

Thanks for thinking of me and wonder where I was.

Comment

Welcome gang it just ain't been the same with out you'al!
                            Chunky that's real cool of you, helping newbies is always a pleasure.
                            Danny glad you found your lost way( now pick a spot and follow through and you'l get one).
                            Capt jack welcome my friend always enjoy your knowledge on traditional history and equipment.
                            Buff we are waiting for the next big story.

Welcome back gang.

Comment

testing adding a pic, need to get a new profile pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluewildebeast1red.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	23815593

Comment

Working...
                              X