I'd rather be shooting. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather be shooting. :(

Lots to do today. Had to put a rooster of ours in the freezer as he's been killing the teenage chickens out back and that garbage just don't fly. Taking a break for a second and enjoying a cup of coffee before I head out to crawl into the aquaponics pond to clean out one of the pumps and then inside for a shower to head off to a BBQ with a retired Colonel friend of mine. Sitting here sipping on my cup I can see the targets I made yesterday and the box with my bow in it and to be honest I'd rather be outside with a tall glass of ice water and a riser in my hand.

Dang responsibilities.

Richard.

We all have them and we all understand.

Comment

I haven't shot in a week. Stupid arm!

Comment

Remedy- Shoot the rooster with your bow (blunts work well) Call the colonel and invite him for an evening shoot- cook BBQ (or rooster) and have an evening of archery.
        You say responsibilities, I say negotiations.

Comment

Wouldn't mind hearing more on the aquaponics pond and what you're growing!

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
            Remedy- Shoot the rooster with your bow (blunts work well) Call the colonel and invite him for an evening shoot- cook BBQ (or rooster) and have an evening of archery.
            You say responsibilities, I say negotiations.
            Now where were all those ideas when I needed them? LOL!

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Wouldn't mind hearing more on the aquaponics pond and what you're growing!
            Lets see. We've got 800 gallons of water in the ground container with an additional 500 above ground in a deep water culture. Those go into a pair of 12'x4'x12" grow beds with 3/4"minus lava rock. Growing in the media we have tomato plants that are probably 6 feet tall and just crazy big, no tomatoes yet though, along with chives, mint, brussels sprouts, cucumbers, strawberries, zucchini, kale, chard, collard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and some random vine that planted itself. So far we haven't harvested anything but we had an issue a few months back that devastated our system. There are maybe 100 tilapia in the ponds with the largest pushing close to 3lbs.

To be honest this fall I'm pulling the entire thing apart and using the lumber to build raised beds out front for an in-ground garden. Good news is we'll have a freezer full of darn good fish.

Richard

Comment

Working...
            X