A well-made Trad video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A well-made Trad video

This may have been posted before. I know not everyone will find it useful or agree with all the content, but I found it very informative and entertaining.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1vKkSSoNs"]The Push - A Traditional Archery Film - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for posting, I had seen this before but forgotten about it until now. Really a great video.

Comment

Pretty good video, and if a person sits it out I think there may be something there for everyone.
      Thanks for the post.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great video.

I have said for years that if you could get point on at around 20 yds you could greatly improve your hunting accuracy. I tried a bunch of things and could not achieve that.

I tried gap shooting and did not like it for the reasons that he stated. String walking had its limitations. His system makes a lot of sense. I will give it a try.

I also had problems when switching from field tips to broadheads when trying to use the tip of the arrow as an aiming point. The white tape is an excellent idea to solve that problem.

I will add that I have mentioned here in the past that I use white fluorescent arrow wraps on the back end of my arrows so I can find them in the dark. I have also started to put a strip on the front end of my arrow as he does with the white electrical tape. What that does is if an animal takes off with my arrow and breaks it I can find the broadhead end easier in the dark. This is great for two reasons. First, that is the end with the blood on it. Second I get my broadhead back.

I learned some new things from the video. He also explained some things to me that I knew but did not quite understand or think about how it worked.

Very good video.

Comment

That was a great video, thanks for posting it. I've only watched about 75% of it so far so my question may get answered before it's over.

Here's my question...how does this method affect tiller? It would seem that it would throw it off. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks again for posting it. REally informative and something I'd like to try.

Randy

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Some useful stuff in there! Thanks

Comment

Great video.

Comment

A fixed crawl.

I didn't know that's what it was called, but this is the compromise I came up with, after watching the video "Modern Traditioinal" by Ty Pelfrey. In the video he teaches string walking and achieves this by using an ILF rig and a berger button to control the spine of the arrow as he crawls up and down the string. Since I do not have either of those, thats the solution I came up with....to install a nocking point at a fixed location down the string and tune the arrow to that location. It worked very, very well! I loved the way it really shrinks your gaps! I never did commit to it however, because TBOT tournament rules will not allow for this aiming style so I abandoned practicing this way.

Cold shots are what really reinforced this method in my mind. When we hunt, we normally get one arrow at our quarry. You are not given an opportunity to "warm up" by launching a half a dozen arrows. When I string walked, I could step out on the back porch and drop an arrow in the vitals, on the first cold shot, 9 out of 10 times.

I think I will revisit this method again, thanks for posting the vid, lots of great info in there!

I will be using the white tape at the end of my arrow as well

Comment

Working...
                    X