Shot a doe today!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a doe today!!!!!

I shot a doe this morning at my workin' buddies house. I shot her with my Dan Toelke 52 inch recurve that is 50@28 and a 29 3/4 inch beman with a 100gr. brass insert and 125gr. thunderhead. She would of only went about 60 yards but she went fell down some big ole revine which made the retrieval kind of brutal. So if you go with gravity as your guide, she went a little over 100 yards before dying. I took some pictures with my phone but the did not maximize when I sent them to my email. I will get some pictures later that we took with a reg. digital camera. If anyone does want a couple of the ones I took with my phone pm me your email and I will send them to you.
    Chris Kiefner

congrats on the slickhead.

Comment

Trophy and good meat for eat'en! Congratulations!

Comment

congratulations on the doe!!!

Comment

Congrats Chris!

Bisch

Comment

thanks guys. She is a pretty big doe, she will feed us for a while. Now I got to kill one with my longbow, I will not shoot the next one as far away. I think I really pushed the envelope with this one. Thank goodness the arrow hit right where I was looking. If I would of used my rangefinder before the shot instead of after the shot I really do not think that I would of taken the shot. It felt right at the time and I guess that is when it matters most!
            Chris Kiefner

Comment

congrats,
              If a shot feels right....take it, dont worry about the distance.

Comment

I just do not want folks to think that I am advocate for long distance shooting. I past up shots that were closer and farther before in the past.
                Chris Kiefner

Comment

Congrats on the doe!

So, you never said how far the shot was...?

Todd

Comment

pretty close to 35 yards. I ranged the tree and where the deer was shot when I climbed down from tree and check things out. When you are around 25 feet up in the air 30 or so yards doesn't seem all that far. The entrance and exit wound is almost straight across rather than in a downwards pitch. The broadhead left a big hole on impact but only the tip penetrated the other side, I am guessing it was because it was pretty far of a shot. I know I didn't short draw because I remember hitting my anchor and letting go. This I hope is my longest shot that I take in the future. I do not think that I have even shot a deer that far away with a compound. I think 32 yards was the farthest to date. I am really lucky that she didn't jump my string and should of even possible passed the shot up, but like I said at the time it felt right and the end result is a doe that I guessing because the check station didn't have a scale is over 130 pounds.
                    Chris Kiefner

Comment

congrats

Comment

Attaboy

Comment

I added a picture of her and me and my bow to my avatar. I kind of like a different one I had tried a couple minutes ago but this will give you guys an idea how large this doe is. I am around 6 foot and now around 200 lbs. far cry from how much I weighed when Eric first saw me. Not so skinny anymore.
                          Chris Kiefner

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X