Time to Clean Up Political Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Clean Up Political Forum

Too many discussions are becoming less about the topic and too much about arguments and personal back-and-forth and insults.

The presidential discussions are also being driven too much by personal biases and the desire to be "right" (correct) rather than objective. By this point, we all have a pretty good idea of how you, personally, feel about each remaining candidate, so belaboring your personal opinions on the subjective content is redundant and doesn't add value to the forum or the discussion.

So far, the political forum is a failing experiment.
    My Flickr Photos

Thank you.

Comment

Don't be an *** on the thread I start requesting to clean it up!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I gotta admit, when you take a step back this place is definitely full of disagreements... But I spend about half my time on the site now reading through this forum. It's pretty entertaining at the very least.

Comment

Is there a way to block a entire section? Serious question as I don't do well in them and have completely dropped participating in them haha
          It's a very tough topic to cover respectfully and kudus to you and the other mods for attempting to try it here

Comment

It has been interesting and tiring.
            This country is in panic mode and everyone thinks it is the last chance to get X - Y - or Z accomplished.
            Been into politics most of my life and the last 8 years have been fascinating. The next 8 will make or break us.
            Thanks for letting us talk a bit................

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I am very sorry.
              Honestly, I wasn't being an ***, just joshing a little.
              I 've posted very little on this forum, seeing how it was going.
              I'll simply bow out.

Comment

Yeah I think we should kill all political discussions until after August 1st.
                I'll admit I got sucked in to the political fray.
                And to think, I came to this website looking for a hog hunt with dogs (google brought me here) and to buy a $100 shotgun for my truck.

Now I'm looking to buy my first bow.

Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Yeah I think we should kill all political discussions until after August 1st.
                  I'll admit I got sucked in to the political fray.
                  And to think, I came to this website looking for a hog hunt with dogs (google brought me here) and to buy a $100 shotgun for my truck.

Now I'm looking to buy my first bow.

Go figure.
                  Does that mean we can have equipment and tuning back? You know, to keep the universe in balance and all? [emoji83]

Comment

I find the politics forum very interesting, and have enjoyed reading and posting in it. It can be difficult to discuss politics without making it personal. I guess the forum only reflects real life, and unfortunately is also a reflection of the Republican primary campaign. Several times I have found myself writing a post and then not hitting the reply button. Not that I was going to mount a personal attack, but trying to argue a point with someone on this topic can be a difficult thing to navigate without being insulting.

I think it is helpful to have it in a separate place, then only those who wish to read and participate will see it. (I realize if you use the "unread posts" you will still see it though. I typically don't navigate the forum that way though.)

Comment

I don't think it was a fail at all! Maybe looking at the big picture you were creating it was a fail, but in the meantime it keeps most of the weirdos in the corner banging their head against the wall instead of trolling other threads

Comment

+1 vote for the political forum. I rarely post on it, but it has been interesting and eye opening.

Comment

1st, this political forum is really calm compared to a lot.

i appreciate the opportunity to discuss these items, even when i disagree. i invite all opinions. even when i disagree, it's better than no discussion.

an idea: block the political forum posts/threads from new topics. that would force people into this forum if they want to be here.

just my .02

Comment

I don't think it's a fail, been lots of discussion and debate, which is normal and healthy in a free society.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Chill

Comment

Working...
                              X