Razorcaps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razorcaps question

I have some Razorcaps in the arsenal that I am thinking of trying. I did a little touch up on the flat stone and they are SHARP! My question is, do yall "tanto" or "chisel" the tip or leave em needle sharp? I know alot of guys that shoot the Woodsmen or Snuffer heads file off that needle tip...figured I might ought to with these as well.

When I shot Razorcaps I left them as they came until the tip became bent with use.

If the tip bent I would just drag the tip across a good file until I was happy with it.

Comment

I Tanto it Duck'n...

Comment

I shoot snuffers now, but I used to shoot razorcaps. I just left the tip sharp, unstoppable penetration!!! You will not be let down.

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

I always tanto any sharp ended broadhead... have done it for years on all that I have owned. I even do it to my Wensel Woodsmans.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
              When I shot Razorcaps I left them as they came until the tip became bent with use.

If the tip bent I would just drag the tip across a good file until I was happy with it.
              X2 with my Snuffers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                I always tanto any sharp ended broadhead... have done it for years on all that I have owned. I even do it to my Wensel Woodsmans.

I think Dr. Ashby reported that if the tip was not tontoed, and it did in fact roll on impact (hit a bone or sumthin) it reduced penetration by an average of 14%. Tinman, check me !!!

Comment

Thats good info guys, now someone post a pick of a broad head thats been fixed. I want to see what it should look like...

Comment

Working...
                  X