Is this an exotic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an exotic?

Anyone ever seen one of these at their lease? I know what it is, just never seen one in Matagorda Co. Sure never thought I'd see one on our lease.
    Attached Files

Emu I believe. There were one or two emu operations in the county several years ago (5 or more) when emus were going to be the salvation for a lot of things.

Looks like one survived from when the ranches sold out or escaped from an ongoing operation.

Where in the county did you see it?

Comment

Give him another year.

Comment

We had a couple on our lease out of Ft. McKavett. I almost shot one the first time I saw it (later wished I had). We found out that the ranch hand had caught them on another ranch and brought them to his house as pets. They would get out of their pen and come visit the feeders to scare everything off.

Comment

Extra large Turkey.

Comment

You can aim at the head on that thing! We had a couple on our lease in sabinal a few years back. my bet is the yotes got them

Comment

buddy of mine put out 5 on his place one went the camp next to them and they would feed it ranch style beans out of the can

Comment

Sargent is where I saw it (them - 2 of them). The lease is a mile from the intercoastal. Drum stick for Thksgiving anyone???

Comment

thats a lot of drum stick

Comment

Bowjunkie got accosted by one in the Sam Houston National Forest years ago. I imagine people had those things and discovered them to be worthless. They probably let them go instead of feeding them. If one shows up on my place, we're going to have the world's largest deep-fried bird!

Comment

My buddy grew up in Kerrville and when the emu market flopped everyone turned them loose. Ranches payed him five bucks a piece to come shoot them.

Comment

Looks like Cull to me.

Comment

It's a Llama dude

Comment

I ran across one dove hunting once... or should I say it ran across me... I emptied my shotgun and reloaded before I had him down for the count... tough son of a guns!!

Comment

They eat good....

Comment

Working...
                              X