Weight Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Tubes

I just received my new 3-rivers catalog yesterday and noticed they now have weight tubes at 8 gr/in. You guys that weight your arrows should have no problem now reaching a heavy arrow. Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Also there were quite a few new items in the catalog. I'm ready to make an order....

I made my order on Friday.
    Gettin' the "Masters of the Barebow" dvd and a few gadgets.

Comment

.....oh, and everything that says "Tred Barta" on it.
      Last edited by Brute Killer; 01-07-2007, 02:34 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        .....oh, and everything that says "Tred Barta" on it.
        That seems like half the catalog,Brute let us know how the dvd is I was thinking of getting that one.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

I did not order any of his stuff, I'd rather do it the "easy way"

Comment

I don’t think ole Tred would have approved of the “shooting box” I hunted in on Saturday while it was raining. He probably wouldn’t have agreed with my custom recurve or Full Metal Jacket arrows and might not have liked the feeder sitting 12yds away.

Oh well I wasn’t thinking of Tred while I watched Pancho Villa on my portable DVD player when the activity slowed down during the middle of the day anyhow.

Comment

Chris was'nt it you who chastised me for listening to the radio on stand year before last? ;-)

Comment

Heck that 270 might not be too far away...........

Comment

I don’t think ole Tred would have approved
                    I saw him on tv taking a "hail Mary" shot at a running caribou at prolly 50 yardsor more. Who gives a sheeaatt what he approves.

Comment

Brute let us know how the dvd is I was thinking of getting that one
                      Will do.
                      I was disappointed. I guess it is good basic stuff but in my opinion it doesn't measure up to all the rave reviews I read on the other sites.
                      The gap shooting explaination that Rod Jenkins gave was pretty interesting and I will likely try it.
                      I was wondering why Dale Karch was in the video before I bought it and I'm still wondering. He's a sponsor, I guess.
                      There is no doubt that most of the guys are superb shots, like Ron LaClair and Rod Jenkins and Dave Soza, but mostly just talked about shooting and just some basic stuff.
                      It was a tossup between this dvd and Rick Welch's first vid when I was ordering, and I wish I had gotten Welch's. Masters of the Bare bow is entertaining but to me not very informative.
                      I think a lot of the reviews were just hero worship. Or maybe I'm just dense.

Comment

Some bow set-up stuff from Rod Jenkins is helpful, too. If he did his own vid, I think it would be good.

Comment

I would like to get some of those tubes, Eric you ought to try them too if you have anymore of them there carbons. Easier than that poly cord down the shaft like I got in mine, atleast I think it would be.
                          Chris Kiefner

Comment

You can use the aquarium tubing in the pet section at Wal Mart or other such store; Pet store maybe. In my 30 inch CX's it added about 120 grains if I remember right.

As for hero worship? Most likely. There's two websites that I know of that cater to strictly trad that are big into that sort of thing. Moreso than the meat and potatos of bowhunting or shooting. Kinda a big turn off if you ask me.

Comment

As for hero worship? Most likely. There's two websites that I know of that cater to strictly trad that are big into that sort of thing. Moreso than the meat and potatos of bowhunting or shooting. Kinda a big turn off if you ask me. [/QUOTE]

I'll second that,that is why I am here on the green screen now.Just seems more friendly over here.

Comment

Working...
                              X