Magnus 2-blade fly great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus 2-blade fly great

I shot my broadheads {out of my recurve} for the first time yesterday and was really pleased how well they flew. i shot both Magnus 2-blade and Bear razorheads and neither planed at all. i think the magnus got better penetration with it's steep angle point, but the razorhead might penetrate an animal deeper with it's chisel point.

Good to hear. I just bought a 6 pack of Magnus 125's for my recurve off of ebay.

Comment

Before using the magnus I always take a file and chisel the point. This makes them far strongeer when contacting bone. Love the magnus 125's - have taken many, many animals with them and never had a problem with one yet!

Comment

I shoot them out of my compound and have had more luck with them than any other head.
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Magnus are my favorite for big hogs.

Comment

Woody, I'm glad to hear you found a good one. I have used the Magnus with good success in the past. They are good heads. I just have trouble getting them as sharp as I think they need to be ( that's a problem with me, not the broadheads - I can't sharpen a butter knife). Good luck this season and post up some LDP's for us to see your first one with the trad bow.

See ya later,

Bisch

Comment

I also "TANTO" my magnus and zwickey with a file prior to shooting them

Comment

Both are great heads just make sure they are sharp and the rest will be history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                  Before using the magnus I always take a file and chisel the point. This makes them far strongeer when contacting bone. Love the magnus 125's - have taken many, many animals with them and never had a problem with one yet!
                  are you talking about putting a tanto tip on it?

Comment

File the tip off and make it a chisel (Tanto) tip instead of a long sharp point... it is squared off. This makes the tip stronger and also helps when you hit bone.

Comment

Working...
                    X