Yee Haw! Another Widow in my Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yee Haw! Another Widow in my Future

I just made a great deal on a Black Widow TFV Ironwood 58" and 52" @ 28". The owner said it only has about 100 arrows thru her. I also picked up a leather quiver, tabs, spine tester, taper grinder, arrows, Widow case and bunch of other stuff. Christmas came early for sure.

This will be my 10th Widow (I think) and my first TF. I love the looks of these beauties and can't wait to shoot it.

Buff will be proud...

Doug Key

must be nice!!!! Enjoy

Comment

some people have all the luck!
      Congrats on the early christmas gift

Comment

Yea. I sold 2 longbows and had enough funds to pick this one up. Otherwise it would just make me drool...

Comment

Congrats....

Comment

Sounds like a sweet deal.Was the guy getting out of archery all together?

Comment

lucky you

Comment

Nice and congrats, I have a psaV comin to me next week. Will be my first Widow. Can't wait.

Comment

Is that the one that was for sale on tradgang a few weeks ago?

Comment

I am wanting to get into traditional shooting. Do any of you know of a good recurve for sale not too expensive that would be a good starter? thanks

Comment

No...but here is some advice that I have learned when making the transition. Look for one that is cut over center. That will eliminate lots of hair pulling trying to match spine to bow. An over center cut shelf will accept and shoot heavier spined arrows so concentration on form can be accomplished instead of trying to figure out what you are doing wrong when it is just wrong spined arrows.

Second, I would buy a bow that you would be happy with down the road since a good bow will hold its value forever. I bought one made by Kevin_b on this site and trust me, "If you would want to buy it you would have to wait until it comes up for sale in my estate!" It is the sweetest bow I have ever shot. I am sure most feel the same about their favorite bow and bowyer. Remember unlike a good compound that depreciates the moment you walk out the store with them in hand a good trad bow loses little or gains value every year.

Another thing is with compounds you will spend almost as much in decking it out with stabilizer, sight, rest, peep and good knows what else. A trad bow is like buying a car off the lot with all the options already included.

JMO

Comment

O WOW 10 Blackwidows you may be my new hero. that TFV is a sweet piece of art you will love it.

Comment

Strummer:

Yep. That's the one. It goes out in the mail today. I can't wait to get it. I love the lines of the TF. My only concern is the grip as I have only shot longbows for the past couple of years. I'm sure within a few days it will feel like old times.

Diamond Rules:

You might look on the classifieds here or look at Tradgang.com or Stickbow.com as they each have a classified section and there are numerous bows to choose from. If you want my opinion (I usually buy/sell about 5-6 bows/year) send me an e-mail and I will be glad to help you if I can.

Buff:

I've owned 10 (from used to new) but sold 'em all. I hope to hang onto this one for a long time.

good huntin' guys.

Doug Key

Comment

Stickshooter:

The guy had an accident and can't shoot trad anymore. Everything was basically brand new and he offered at a very reasonable price. Most everything I can use for sure.

Doug Key

Comment

Splitfinger is a Widow lover? Have I got some Widows for you!!! When I am able too post in the classifieds, I will have some Widows that will need new homes.

Comment

Working...
                              X