Trad Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Shoots

This is going to be my first time trying to get to some trad shoots inTexas. I met a couple of guys while hunting that are interested in attending as well. The problem is that they shoot compounds. My question: Are all of the shoots strictly trad, or are there some that have compound divisions as well?

Regular 3d shoots usually have a "traditional class" but the trad shoots are longbow/recurve/selfbow only...

Comment

Thats what I figured. Guess Ill have to convert them.

Comment

Check out the asa shoots I know they have a trad class that normally starts earlier than the compound archers. Check em out www.texasasafederation.com

Comment

Ill look into that.

Comment

Almost every archery club has monthly shoots that everybody can play at - both wheels and trad. Traditional Bowhunters of Texas (TBoT) has shoots that are all traditional. If you want to shoot with your wheel buddies, you just have to go to the shoots where everybody can play.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Almost every archery club has monthly shoots that everybody can play at - both wheels and trad. Traditional Bowhunters of Texas (TBoT) has shoots that are all traditional. If you want to shoot with your wheel buddies, you just have to go to the shoots where everybody can play.

Bisch
              Or of course talk them away from their training wheels, and convince them to have some fun and shoot trad. Then you can all come shoot TBOT together!
              B

Comment

Look on the 3-d Tournment page and search for Trad Tournaments 2014 for info on Hill Country and Chester shoots.

Comment

All the local shoots have a trad class of some sorts. The real fun trad only shoots are put on by TBOT (Traditional Bowhunters of Texas) and this year IBO has come to Texas with all trad shoots. You should be able to find something within not to bad traveling distance. Believe me, the bigger all Trad shoots (Vanderpool and Chester) are well worth a longer drive!

Comment

What part of Texas are you in,

Comment

I live in Wylie and go to school in Fort Worth

Comment

Originally posted by cripsol View Post
                        I live in Wylie and go to school in Fort Worth
                        Denton County Archers, DCA, will have our annual TBOT on Feb. 15 and 16.

Comment

Comment

Archers For Christ Paris Texas has 2 club 3-d s a month and usually a specialty shoot on the 3rd weekend, then have a TBOT shoot, ASA shoot, and A TXTIBO shoot. At their reg club shoots they have a Great selection of Trads shooting together.

here is a link to their schedule page http://archersforchristparis.com/schedule.html

Comment

Working...
                            X