Weight Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Tubes

Im shooting a selfbow with GT traditionals and am getting good flight. However I would like to add some weight to them. I shoot 125 gr Magnus 2 blades. Will adding weight tubes change the arrow spine?

Adding the tubes does not change the actual spine of the shaft BUT the extra weight of the arrow increases the load on the bow. slows string speed, thus reduces the amount of force the bow is applying to the arrow - Result - the arrow will often shoot/act stiffer coming off the bow. Usually requires some minor tuning adjustments to compensate.

Rick

Comment

Very minor, if any, in my experience with the weight tubes.

You will lose nocks anytime you hit anything harder than jello though, so always carry a few extras in your pocket!

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 01-26-2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gentlemen!

Comment

When I used the tubes, I found what worked best for me was to combine tube weight with additional point weight to reach my target weight.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Very minor, if any, in my experience with the weight tubes.

You will lose nocks anytime you hit anything harder than jello though, so always carry a few extras in your pocket!

Bisch
            I wonder if by gluing the tube or the nock will help with losing them. This is my main concern with the tubes, Seems like if the tube was a tad bit short and was glued in place, it would not contact the nock during impact.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
              I wonder if by gluing the tube or the nock will help with losing them. This is my main concern with the tubes, Seems like if the tube was a tad bit short and was glued in place, it would not contact the nock during impact.

I had to glue mine! They would hit the target and the nock would come back to me. Leaving the weight hanging half outta the arrow.

Comment

Did the glue correct the problem?

Comment

Glueing in the nocks will work. It just defeats the convenience of having nocks that don't have to be glued in.

Bisch

Comment

Others have stated it here before, but if you bend the weight tube in a couple spots it will make for a tighter fit and will not pop your nocks off.

Matt

Comment

Just got some weight tubes for my arrows. My arrow weight has increase and as per Bisch advice on another thread, have increase my arrow weight to about 11 Gr per lb.

Just shot a few arrows and seem to penetrate my target better, seems like a more solid hit and i believe my accuracy has increase.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Im going to give em a whirl and see how they do

Comment

Working...
                        X