Broadhead removal question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead removal question?

I need to remove some snuffers from some shafts and I used Gorilla glue, can anybody tell me what to use to get them off with. I tried heating them, but that hasn't seemed to help any. May not be letting them get hot enough.

I haven't found anything that will remove gorilla glue yet.

Comment

Why'd you glue them in? Lol. I think you might have to just like that broadhead/arrow combo, because I dont think you're going to get them out...

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
        I need to remove some snuffers from some shafts and I used Gorilla glue, can anybody tell me what to use to get them off with. I tried heating them, but that hasn't seemed to help any. May not be letting them get hot enough.

What kind of arrow did you glue them on?
        Unless you are worried about destroying the arrow, more heat should do it.

Comment

Did you use a Flightmate insert? or are they glued onto a wooden shaft?
          Which ever, Heat will do it. Just remember to heat treat the ferrels afterwards, not the blades.

Comment

Use a heat gun I've used it on my wood arrows the gorilla glue comes off

Comment

Contacted the Gorilla Glue company and they stated that there was nothing that would work as a solvent on their glue. Finally used enough heat to get them off.

Comment

Gorilla Glue is tough....They're snuffers, its not a big loss...Get you some better broadheads

Comment

I half expected to open this up and there be a gruesome picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Picorancher71 View Post
                    Gorilla Glue is tough....They're snuffers, its not a big loss...Get you some better broadheads
                    Better heads? Why do you think he used them in the first place?
                    He has the best heads !!

Comment

Two words. RibTeks

Comment

Working...
                      X