Horne's Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horne's Archery

Anyone familiar with these bows? What kind of price do they bring? Thanks for any info.

I have heard nothing but good things,I have never owned one but have shot a couple,very sweet.They are proud of them though,but are probably worth the money.

Comment

Thanks stikshooter. I shot one today and although I think it was a little short in DL it shot very nice. I'm new to recurve so I'm not sure I want to spend that much on one starting out.

Comment

He makes a good bow, however it is in the high range. Check out Bob Lee archery at (www.bobleearchery.com). He is the master of all the bow builders in this part of the world as far as I am concerned and he has better prices than most.

Comment

TxHunter:

I've owned several and all are great shooters. I had a 3 piece combo hunter with longbow limbs, which was the best shooting bow I ever owned. Like all the others, I sold it for something "better"..."Not".

Mark and Sandy are the best, too.

You won't be sorry if you ever own one.

Doug Key

Comment

Mark and Sandy make some beautiful bows. A LOT of folks swear by them.

I'll tell ya what though. You should take a look at Bob Sarrels' bows. They are the cat's meow!!!!!!! I've found they shoot equally to my Great Plains.
            (longbows) Gonna get me one someday soon.

Comment

There are a lot of good bow makes in Texas, if you can hold out for a bow until April and go to the Hill Country Shootout you will see and can shoot many bows.

Comment

mitch has a really good point.

Comment

You might try ebay. Often times you can pick up a really good used bow for a fair price!

Comment

Thanks for the additional comments.

Mitch do you have any info on the shootout? Since I'm new to the Trad side I'm not in a hurry and want to try as much as possible.

Comment

Yes it will be in April 14th-15th in Vanderpool, TX. If you go to Traditional Bow hunters of Texas web site you can get the contact # good luck on finding your bow.

Comment

Mitch beat me to it but here is a link to the list of shoots held in Texas including the Hill Country Shootout.

Comment

Were the heck is North Zulch?????? Is that a real place????

If you are ever in the Houston area you are welcome to come by a shoot any of my bows, I have a Bob Lee, Bob Sarrels, Morrison, and a few others, they are mostly heavy weights though...60 and up.

All the bows mentioned above are good and will serve you well, just a matter of personal pref.

I don't know if my next one will be a Horne or a Blackwidow....I am kind of thinking Widow because I am up for the next challenge :0

Comment

I know where North Zulch is!!! We used to pop quite a few piggies in that area when I was going to ATM. North Zulch isn't that far from H-town.

Comment

TexHunter, there is a bow maker in your neck of the woods Foley Bows in Groesbeck web site is www.foleycustombows great guy and just over a hour from you

Comment

Working...
                              X