East Texas guys/girls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas guys/girls??

How y'all doin' this season with the acorns and such. Shortbow and bunch got any LDPs yet???

Those ole riverbottom mossbacks oughta be ruttin' about now and we need to see pics of some high-tined narrow-spread dark-horned Pineywood bucks. I'm counting on you guys. O'course if I was huntin' East Texas I wouldn't be on the computer either, I'd be sittin in an oak tree. Y'all holler if you can.

Comment

I had 2 bucks respond to my "can" call last weekend and they came running in to my stand. But no blood on the arrow as of yet. I did find a fresh scrape that has been worked pretty good. I love the Trinity River bottom!

Comment

Ricky, we are seeing plenty of deer and hogs but not many big bucks yet. I killed a doe yesterday and lip killed one on saturday. I have only hunted 2 days this season (all day saturday and yesterday morning). I have seen 3 bucks, 5 doe, and about 10 pigs.

Comment

I Have not seen any bucks other than a spike and 3pt but shot a doe and a hog already. I put a new stand up last week and really think its gonna be good real quick as it is on the only high ground at my lease and I had to wade through waist deep water to get to it yesterday. The young bucks seem to be starting to get interested in the does and are running them just a little. Cant wait for tommorrow evening and sat/sun

Comment

Kris, I am glad to see you out slinging some arrows this year. Between work, school, women and drink, I was affraid you had forgotten how to shoot a bow.

Comment

Ricky,
              I hunted East Texas this past weekend for the first time this year. In 3 hunts, I saw 2 bucks, 7 doe, and one hog. One doe (105 lbs) and the hog (50 lbs) came home with me.

Comment

How far east are you talking/??I am in Hunt county.I shot a nice 8 in Rains county Sat night.

Comment

I took two does in Shelby County last weekend. Saw one nice 8 point but couldn't get a shot. The small bucksa re making scrapes. I think the deer should be moving around quite a bit more now. I saw 13 deer in one morning last weekend.

Lots of acorns on the ground. Starting to see scrapes as well. Should be getting interesting soon.

Todd

Comment

Lots of water in the bottoms, young bucks are showing some interest, looking for things to improve this weekend and through next week.

Comment

I've been seeing deer just not anything I care to shoot (Harrision county). Small bucks and does so far. Noticed fresh rubs last week. Things should start picking up this weekend and following week.

Comment

I saw a buck just like you described Ricky T. I was hunting in my Brickhouse blind when it spotted someting different, it walked around just out of range. So I took it down and used my climber. I have'nt seen another buck since, but I have tagged out on does. Me and Raybo are hunting together in the refuge on public land. He's done better than me, I hope he got pics of the one he got this morning.

Comment

Hunting Harrison and Rusk, I have been seeing a few does and a spike which I shot last nite. He was chasing, but they didn't seem too interested. I have been seeing a few more scrapes in the last week.

Comment

Snuffer sent me pics his trailcam took of one in Hardin county this week. His neck was swollen, and he was looking around. It's that time down there fellas.

Comment

Been glassing just about every morning around here. With this cold I have been seeing lots of bucks on the move. Tomorrow morning should be pretty eventful. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X