Need Help Choosing Between 2 Packaages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Choosing Between 2 Packaages

After reading many of the threads here, I have decided to get a Nikon D40 as my first digital SLR. I have narrowed it down to 2 package choices but i'm not sure which is better. Any help, comments, etc. would be appreciated. I mainly want to take pictures of the wildlife at the feeders, etc.

Package #1:

Nikon D40
    Nikon 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 Auto Focus Lens
    Nikon 55-200 mm f/4.0-5.6 Auto Focus Lens
    1GB Memory Card
    LCD Screen Protectors
    Lens Cleaning Kit
    Deluxe Case
    Cap Keeper
    Full Size Tripod
    Lens Pouch
    Card Reader
    Wrist Strap
    Price: $619.00

Package #2:

Nikon D40
    Nikon 28-80 mm f/3.5-5.6 Auto Focus Lens
    Nikon 70-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 Auto Focus Lens
    1GB Memory Card
    LCD Screen Protectors
    Lens Cleaning Kit
    Deluxe Case
    Cap Keeper
    Full Size Tripod
    Lens Pouch
    Card Reader
    Wrist Strap
    Digital Photo Viewer
    Card Reader
    Price: $634.00

Where are you looking to find these deals on the packages?

Comment

I found them on bestcameraprices.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. My wife and I want a new camera and that is a good deal on both. IMO I would go with the bigger lens package. I have the cannon 75-300 zoom and it is great. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

I think that may be one of those scam operations from Brooklyn, NY. Check the BBB info:

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/report...age=1&id=12668

Those kind of package deals are typically the bait of the bait and switch scammers. Stick with some of the better names. You might pay a few bucks more, but you'll get what you pay for. There are countless reports of people trying to buy such a package deal, only to get an email saying the buyer needs to call the store. Then when they call, they get the hard sell put on them to buy all kinds of other stuff. If you say 'no', then the item you tried to buy is suddenly out of stock or something.
          Last edited by Shane; 05-26-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I looked at their website and their prices are considerably cheaper than B&H. Most reputable places are not that much cheaper. I am not saying that they will try to rip you off, just be careful.

Shane beat me to it.

Comment

Shane and Scotty,
              Thank you very much for the info. I will stick with the better names like B&H. Again-thank you very much!!!

Comment

Been there, done that, cancelled the credit card!

Comment

BD, I bought the D40 with an 18-55 and 55-200. They work but you will soon find out you want a 300mm. Took me about 5 pics at a baseball game.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                    BD, I bought the D40 with an 18-55 and 55-200. They work but you will soon find out you want a 300mm. Took me about 5 pics at a baseball game.
                    Yep.

I bought mine at Beachcamera.com and am very pleased with it. Don't recall the total price on mine but I got the same setup you have in the first option with a few extras one being a high resolution photo quality printer. It was a total of just a hair under $700. Good lUck. you have made an excellent decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X