Sage Brush Traditional Archery Club Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Brush Traditional Archery Club Shoot

Our TBoT shoot will be held September 14-15th at Wellington, TX 5 miles East on Hwy 203. I'll see if I can get a flyer put on this post. We will have lots of raffle items again this year. I will be donating a two day whitetail deer hunt for two hunters. This hunt includes accommodations for three nights (no meals). Stay at our hunting lodge with cooking facilities. Arrive Friday afternoon, hunt Sat. and Sun. (and possible Monday morning hunt). This will be MLD tags. These are bonus deer, you do not use the tags on your hunting license. You use my MLD permits and can still use your own tags for your regular hunting area. This hunt is for all the does you can kill plus hogs, coyotes and bobcats. There is a possibility of a management buck for the winner only, if available, that is still to be seen. I may or may not have an MLD tag for the buck, (if not you will have to use your buck tag). This is a traditional friendly hunt, shots are 5 to 15 yards. Inclosed ground blinds, inclosed elevated stands and tree stands, all over feeders. You will be welcome to shoot a compound bow if you are more comfortable shooting at live animals with it, but you will have close shots for traditional equipment. I have had six hunters kill their first white tail deer with trad bows on this property, including women. Last years winner was Jason Heffley. He brought Cody Evans as his guest. They killed six does on this hunt. I'll post more about other raffle items soon.

I had some interest last year in some folks wanting to dove hunt. I have a friend here in the area, (hunts Wellington, Shamrock, and Wheeler) who is an outfitter for dove, turkey, deer and hogs. His normal dove hunt is $50.00, he will discount that hunt for anyone shooting in out TBoT shoot to $25.00.

Comment

This is a great shoot bringing the whole family great people and great prizes I got lucky and won deer hunt it was the best hunt with trad equip . great course

Comment

If anyone is planning on hunting dove please let me know so I can start to set it up. Thanks Durk.

Comment

Here is the Flyer in Jpeg for your viewing pleasure and then in PDF format for you to download, print out, and hand to a friend!
          Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to make it to this one but have family plans. Y'all have fun!

Comment

we'll be there if the crick don't rise, look'n forward to this one.

Comment

Raffle items are starting to gather. We will be raffling a hand made knife donated by Mike Baker of Amarillo. We have two dozen POR arrows, one set is 11/32 50-55 spine with natural barred wild turkey fletching. Second set is 5/16 40-45 spine red capped with red fletching and red barred cock feather. Come win some of these great raffle items. Will post more as we get them gathered up. Thanks Durk.

Comment

special note for our Oklahoma friends, If you are driving in on Highway 9 which is the road the shoot is on (it changes to 203 at the Texas state line) disregard the detour signs at the junction of hwy 30 and hwy 9. drive on around them as there is a bypass for local traffic. The shoot os 7.5 miles from the Texas state line on the North side of the highway.

Comment

FYI, there are two prices on raffles $1 and $5. Every score card comes with a $1 ticket. Dollar items in knives, flash lights, targets, hunting accessories, ect. Five dollars items now include a Double B long bow by Mike Brattain of Raton, NM. A large bag target from Haskell Smith of Oklahoma Archery, a hand tooled leather hip quiver from Panhandle Archery (Kyle Barbour), the deer hunt, arrows, leather hand made bow socks, ect.

Comment

Well just a few more days till our shoot and we're still gathering more raffle stuff. Y'all come shoot with us for a great time great food and great prizes. Thanks Durk.

Comment

If anyone needs additional information please call 806-205-2626, For Durk. Have had several calls today wanting better directions. We'll be working on the course tomorrow. Thanks for all the calls!!!! See y'all Friday afternoon or this weekend.

Comment

On my way

Comment

Great day of shooting today (Saturday). Looking forward to shooting tomorrow. The targets and range are laid out as good or better than any shoot I've been to.

Comment

one of the best 30 target course's i'v shot a good mix of everything, neetz and i had a great time.
                              can't wait for next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X