Just received my great granddaddy's colt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my great granddaddy's colt

I was ecstatic to say the least. I was promised this gun when I was in high school. Made my grandad promise i could have it when he died. He said my uncle would get it but if it didnt work out then it would be mine. My uncle sadly passed away two weeks ago so my Nanny gave it to me this week.

My Great Granddaddy was a police officer in Port Arthur, Tx during the 40's and 50's. This was his pistol he carried everyday for work.

Looking for any info y'all might have on this pistol and holster. Would love to hear y'all's stories if y'all have any experience with this gun or experience with law enforcement during that time period. I never knew him and I just want to get a slight glimpse into his life back then.
    All I know is its a Colt 1903 hammer less .32 auto. Serials lead me to believe built in 1931 but not sure.
    Holster says Hand Crafted by JD Kimball

Thanks y'all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358788350.195551.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24945670

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358788365.857653.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24945671

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358788378.531772.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24945672

I would also love some thoughts on carrying or putting away and if any of y'all carry one. Such a sweet feeling gun.

Comment

Nice looking pistol

Comment

Sweet! My step brother has an old Colt 32Auto but his isn't stainless and no where near the condition yours is nor does it hold the sentimental value. Hold on to it, that's a keepsake for life right there!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

No worries about getting rid of it. I plan on it going to one of my boys and on down the line. Ill spell it out in a will and everything that it is to stay in our family. My Nanny made me promise to take really good care of it, which I most definitely will.

Comment

That thing's nice!!!

Comment

I wouldn't carry it everyday but would carry it ocassionaly in honor of his memory.

Comment

that is one sweet pistol with a great story behind it. put it in the safe so nothing happens to it.

Comment

That is a fine piece !!

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358792982.602786.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24161995
                      Heres one my dad left me. It was his dads. Has a 5 digit serial number on it. Made in 1908. No way I would carry it in a pocket. The slide safty comes of way to easy. Ive never seen a plated one like the one above

Comment

That is a very fine looking colt. I would recommend a nice silicone sock to keep it in.

Comment

Nice colt.

Comment

That is one sharp looking pistol you have aquired. Im sure there is a lot of history in that ride.

Comment

Nice. I wouldn't carry it though. In the unfortunate event you are forced to use it, you may lose it.

Comment

Working...
                              X