My son's first time shooting a 17!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son's first time shooting a 17!!!!

Today my boy asked me if we could shoot his 22 he got for Christmas. I said sure made a target stand and stapled a target to it and shot a few rounds from yards. I went in the house grabbed my 17hmr and let him shoot it for the first time (he is 10 by the way). And he did very good, I was impressed. How far do y'all's kids shoot from when hunting deer??

[ATTACH]445840[/ATTACH][ATTACH]445841[/ATTACH][ATTACH]445842[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good shooting!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Nice shooting.

100 to 50. Most are aprox 75 yd shots. They get real nervous. It's fun to see them say "what happened. Why was I shaking so bad?"

Comment

I like when they ask, "Did I hit it?"

Comment

100yds max when I take a youngster. Watched my Godson miss a doe inside of that 3 times. She finally ran off when he actually got fairly close. He instantly told me my rifle (22-250) must have gotten off since he shot it at the range. About an hour later I shot a yote at 200yds with it to prove it was still on.

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                100yds max when I take a youngster. Watched my Godson miss a doe inside of that 3 times. She finally ran off when he actually got fairly close. He instantly told me my rifle (22-250) must have gotten off since he shot it at the range. About an hour later I shot a yote at 200yds with it to prove it was still on.
                Lol that's funny, so I guess I should be good I'm 85 yards to feeder but wanted to back away some more next year. I'll just stay at that range then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog7906 View Post
                  I like when they ask, "Did I hit it?"
                  Can't wait to hear that one!!!

Comment

My little brother shot this a few years back at 20yds (7years) .308

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358718786242.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24161714

Got this one this year at 80yds. (10years) .30-06

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358718765420.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24161713

Took him out with the 10/22 Friday and he was hitting 2 lieter bottles at 150yds.

Ike

Comment

Nice shooting by the way!

Ike

Comment

Working...
                      X