Smith and Wesson M&P15...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith and Wesson M&P15...

Can someone verify for me weather this rifle is Mil-spec or commercial?

Thanks...

Milspec..buffer tube

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
      Milspec..buffer tube
      Thank you sir...

Comment

You are welcome...

Comment

Starting to map out how I'm gonna doll up my S&W 15-22.

Comment

The 22 may not be mil spec

Comment

Milspec- i carry one at work.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelmdb69 View Post
                The website said it was milspec but I would verify before I buy a stock.

Comment

Ok....is the back of your buffertube SLANTED or FLAT...

FLAT..milspec SLANTED... commercial

MP-15 is commercial, not so sure about the MPAr-22

Comment

How hard is it to take off the stock so I can see the buffer tube?

Comment

Originally posted by rebelmdb69 View Post
                      The M&P 15-22 is not milspec or even close to it. It is not even an AR other than plastic upper and lower that makes it appear to be one. It could be a Ruger 10-22 with new furniture.

It operates like an AR in that it has a charging handle, same safety and the same bolt release but it doesn't even have a buffer tube. The 15-22 looks like an AR and functions like an AR if you want to practice with it but it is in no way an AR or even close to any kind of military specs unless they have specs on a .22 long rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        The M&P 15-22 is not milspec or even close to it. It is not even an AR other than plastic upper and lower that makes it appear to be one. It could be a Ruger 10-22 with new furniture.

It operates like an AR in that it has a charging handle, same safety and the same bolt release but it doesn't even have a buffer tube. The 15-22 looks like an AR and functions like an AR if you want to practice with it but it is in no way an AR or even close to any kind of military specs unless they have specs on a .22 long rifle.
                        LOL!! This we all know already..

But to add a cool buttstock he needs to know what the diameter of the "fake Tube" is..

I verified it is Milspec dia....."The M&P 15-22 lower receiver extension is milspec"
                        Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Glad the AR police were here to set me straight...lol

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                          LOL!! This we all know already..

But to add a cool buttstock he needs to know what the diameter of the "fake Tube" is..

I verified it is Milspec dia....."The M&P 15-22 lower receiver extension is milspec"
                          Thanks Tuff, I was pretty sure I read that on their website but wanted to be sure.

With a new stock, grip and rail accessories it will truly be unique. Then I could sell it to Brazos Hunter for 4x the original price....Bwahahahahahahah...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                            Glad the AR police were here to set me straight...lol

Thanks Tuff, I was pretty sure I read that on their website but wanted to be sure.

With a new stock, grip and rail accessories it will truly be unique. Then I could sell it to Brazos Hunter for 4x the original price....Bwahahahahahahah...

I own the Pink and Black tiger striped one!! LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                            X