Pulled out the whip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled out the whip!

I was trying to shoot bows today with gloves(cause it is winter). I had to grab the Whip(a Dan Toelke creation) cause of the narrower grip. After adjusting my eyes right of the target instead of dead on the target as I do with my recurves. After my little brain adjusted I was drilling stuff. Ready for the late season now. I have two antlerless tags to fill still! Wish me luck, more luck that I will not freeze to death.

Chris Kiefner

Good luck and shoot stright, as far as the cold goes....come on, it's still Texas.

This is a quote from my daughter to one of the boys in camp "If you can't take it boy....stay in the house!"

Personally I am tired of fighting mesquitos, I like the cold....of course I carry a nice layer of insulation.

Comment

I really need to update my profile. I live in Rockville,In. We are in the 20's right now. I am either going to use my guillie suit I made or flannel. Either way I have to wear an orange hat.

Comment

There I changed my profile, hows that?

Comment

good luck with the Whip. That bow got great reviews in Trad Bowhunter mag.

Comment

Ya, my bow was similar to that as well. You hear people talk about dead in your hand, and then shoot some of those bow that they are talking about and find out that they are braggin' for no reason, but mine is truely dead in my hand. Pretty quiet too. I shot a buck with my Toelke recurve ealier this year. One luck buck, well kind of. I shot him about two inches lower than I should of, I did not get him that time, but that arrow went through him like a hot knife into butter. My longbow is about the same weight so I figure it will do the same. This time I will be on the ground, atleast that's the plan. O-ya, his bows are really easy to look at too. Have seen Pete Wards review on them also. The man has shot evrything and couldn't find a thing to complain about with it.

Comment

I guess I owe you an apology Chrisk. I didn't even look at the profile, I just assumed that everyone here was a Texas hunter.

It gets to 50 here and people are breaking out their parkas. I like to froze to death in Ill 2 years ago. It can get really cold in the mid-west.

And besides that I am always extra nice to out-of-state hunters as you never know when you might get a chance to hunt somewhere new

Comment

Good luck Chris.I look foward to seeing ya in feb.

Comment

Ya, when I come down in feb. I will bring my Daisy Duke cut-off's(no one really appreciates them like I do). It was 20 today at 5am.

Comment

Working...
                  X