New bow delays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bow delays?

Anyone else ever have delays regularly occuring when getting a new bow?

One of my recurves was the wrong lenght riser, and 3 wks late, so it was 5 wks late total.( after I was told it will be ready on time and arranged a pickup. When I got it the next time both limbs where printed as top limbs, no biggie but you pay $1000 you want it right. Then got back and knew it felt heavy, and it was five pounds heavier than ordered.

Another bow order was lost, found that out when I called a week after of the time I was told to wait, got it in and it was 2 inches longer than ordered. Oh well right get used to it, then got to looking at the bow after 3-4 days and my top limb was bent.

Now was told maybe as long as six months back in Dec, called in June( six months), next month, called next month, here's your order, got about a month and a half til it will be ready now!

I will say that all of the bowyers have completly worked with me to eventually get it right, and I understand crap happens, just seems like I always find it lol.

Now my wife's bows are always right and early and they are not something they do on a regular basis like a pink bow!

So anyone else have similar luck or am I just that unluckly guy everytime?

I had some issues with one bow but nothing like you have had! They got your wifes stuff right cause they don't want the wrath of a mad woman on them!!!lol

Comment

The bowyers made you wait that long after it was their mistake....?

Comment

I'm still waiting, I don't want to get too mad at him, because he is building my longbow! But its pretty aggravating contstantly being told one more month! Especially now with his delays I will have the bow for 1-2 wks before I go to ranger school and will be gone for a min of 61 days putting me right in the middle of season.

Comment

Man, thats bad all around.. I feel for ya'.
          If this longbow making falls thur, check out Liberty Bows...ordered it & got it three weeks later. Excellent bow(Edge) & workmanship.
          Thanks for your service & good luck to ya'.

Comment

Never had a problem...... Ever,
            Next time buy a blackwidow

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              I have a longbow and a recurve from Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Blackwidow is the only time everything was right the first time

Comment

I think I'd look for another Bowyer. IMHO, if a Bowyer takes more than a few weeks to get your bow to ya and he claims to be a full time Bowyer, something is wrong. Last year I ordered a custom Dan Toelke Whip and had it in my hands within 10 days after ordering it. And this was during his elk and deer season. Sorry for your pain.

Doug Key

Comment

well talked with my bowyer today, so lets see how much longer it takes me to post some pictures!

I wouldnt hold my breath...

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                      I think I'd look for another Bowyer. IMHO, if a Bowyer takes more than a few weeks to get your bow to ya and he claims to be a full time Bowyer, something is wrong. Last year I ordered a custom Dan Toelke Whip and had it in my hands within 10 days after ordering it. And this was during his elk and deer season. Sorry for your pain.

Doug Key
                      Think it depends on the bowyer's volume, shop, and the type of bows they are making - alot of bowyers have pretty homogenous bows and only 2-3 models which can make it easier to turn one around quickly. I know some great small-name bowyers who only build 50-100 bows in a year but may have a bunch of different models, and can still easily be on a 6 month wait - you just have to know that before you order b/c if you submit in July, you're not going to have it for the season. If you want a production line 'custom' bow, then sure, it should be a quick turn around, but I wouldn't expect that from many of the garage-front bowyers.

Comment

He had one..., but he sold it to me!

Now my wife's bows are always right and early and they are not something they do on a regular basis like a pink bow!

Because she is way cuter than you!

Comment

I had one to run over two months longer than it was suppose to take, but it sure was nice once I got it.
                          Hang in there and thank you for your service.

Comment

Finally working on my bow. The riser is glued up and working on it this weekend. The limbs are on the agenda first thing this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
                              Think it depends on the bowyer's volume, shop, and the type of bows they are making - alot of bowyers have pretty homogenous bows and only 2-3 models which can make it easier to turn one around quickly. I know some great small-name bowyers who only build 50-100 bows in a year but may have a bunch of different models, and can still easily be on a 6 month wait - you just have to know that before you order b/c if you submit in July, you're not going to have it for the season. If you want a production line 'custom' bow, then sure, it should be a quick turn around, but I wouldn't expect that from many of the garage-front bowyers.
                              I hear what you're saying. Every bowyer is different. Just for the record, though, there's nothing homogoneous or production line about Dan's bows.

P.S. I can also attest to the quick turn around times and attention to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X