Fsc 08/04/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fsc 08/04/2012

This weeks shot is all about picking your spot while having visual distractions.

There is a star in this picture, with a black dot in the center of it.

Print this to a full 8.5" X 11" sheet of printer paper.

Study the picture. Look at the detail.
    If you can't see the star from the shot distance, then memorize it's location.

Pick your spot, and Shoot for the star.

Closest to the black dot wins.

This is going to be hard to see, or at least that is the intent , so we'll shoot at it from 10 yards.
    Kiddos from 6 yards.

Good luck everyone.

Rick
    Attached Files

This is perfect, I always shoot left anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I've been doing that a lot, except when I want too.......LOL

Comment

lol This is a good one. Been busy and haven't had a chance to participate in a FSC but I got to make time for this one!

Comment

love it, so what are the rules to play

Comment

Originally posted by WMR View Post
            love it, so what are the rules to play
            Any day between now and Saturday Midnight you need to take a shot at the target of the week. It has to be your first shot of that day for it to count. Once you take the shot, take a picture and if you are close the intended target take one with a tape measure so we can tell who wins. The winner calls the shot for the next week.

Comment

Nicely Done, Mr Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                So I figure this FSC would play right into my hand if I just aim at the middle. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343957108.066763.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24100308
                WRONG!!!

Can we make it a SSC. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343957204.371233.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24100309Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343957235.832678.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	24100310
                Oh well.

Comment

Hoggslayer,

the target did to you exactly what it is intended to do, which is to cause your focus to go to the middle involuntarily.

It's just flat out hard to focus anywhere else but center, and I figured it would be a good exercise to learn how to focus away from the eye catchers, and on where you want the arrow to go.

You done good anyways.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    Hoggslayer,

the target did to you exactly what it is intended to do, which is to cause your focus to go to the middle involuntarily.

It's just flat out hard to focus anywhere else but center, and I figured it would be a good exercise to learn how to focus away from the eye catchers, and on where you want the arrow to go.

You done good anyways.

Rick
                    Yea, but I've been shooting left all month. I couldn't have shot right if I tried. Great challenge Rick. Who's next?

Comment

The Jones clan will break out the Sarrels bows when we get home later an try this out!

Comment

What's up this week guys? Y'all better get to shooting. No way I should win with a shot 5+" away

Comment

Getting it done now!

Comment

Okay here's my wife's and my shot. My wife is the black arrow and my arrow is the woods grain arrow.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well heck! The Belton crew messed around and disqualified ourselves on this one! We loaded up and went to the Weavers as Heath needed Arvin to work on a self-bow. We get there and after the Osage saw dust settled, he flung some arrows out of it to try it out, well, I messed around and shot several arrows out of one of Arvins recurves. I had printed targets for us and everything but we just got caught up in the moment and flung arrows before we thought! We will be back next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X