Tuning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning help

Today I got my new arrows for my new bow. I have been paper tuning for a while now and cant get them straight. The point is entering low and fletchings are cutting straight up. What do I need to do to fix it??
    Last edited by tstrick1993; 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Move your nocking point?

Comment

Up or down?

Comment

a tear up means lower your nocking point

Comment

put the nock point 1/2 above the shelf.

Comment

^^What loco (Peanut) said.

You might try a nocking point below the arrow nock in addition to the one above before moving your initial nocking point. I have to use two nocks points to keep my arrow from sliding down the string when I shoot. That gave me fits with paper tuning before I figured it out.

Comment

Thanks for the help Il put it to use ASAP!

Comment

What about if they are cutting up and to the right?

Comment

Here is a pretty good tuning guide: http://www.eastonarchery.com/img/dow...ning_guide.pdf
                  Pages 6&7 deal with paper tuning. To the right would indicate a stiff arrow for a right-handed shooter. You have a few options, but two are to either add more point weight or use a weaker arrow. You have to take care of the up and down before left and right tears though.

Comment

One more thing to mention though is that you need to have good form to get reliable readings from paper tuning

Comment

Here's another site that is about paper tuning

Comment

My form is not much of an issue. All my tears are consistent. The thing I'm worried about the most is My spines are two stiff. I have carbon express heritage 350's. My longbow is 55# @28" draw, but my draw length is 28 1/2. I have 250 grains up front.

Comment

how long are your arrows?

Comment

I have 4 cut 32"31.5" 31" 30.5"

Comment

dang ,unless your strike plate is past center, try heavier weight out front
                              Last edited by loco cacahuate; 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X