Tying Nock Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tying Nock Sets

What's a good material and method for tying nock sets?

I'm a picture guy, if you can post a pic I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Bisch shared this video with me on one of my threads.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTG2xXajL4"]Tying on a nock point with Halo - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I used some serving when I did mine it seems to be working fine so far.

Comment

One suggestion I read that makes sense to me - you should use thread that is larger in diameter than the serving thread that's on the string. If they are the same size, when you tighten down that first overhand knot it can dig in between the wraps and separate the serving.

Comment

Floss is an easy, handy material but I like something thicker (for reasons Jerp mentioned) such as serving or a strand from a used up string.

Thicker material also requires less knots, which is nice.

I do it like the video above shows, but here is another good way: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8EghWvyUcA"]Tying on an Adjustable Nock - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Can I use para cord string.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
              Can I use para cord string.
              Only if you're teaching folks on the internet like the guy in the video
              Last edited by TxAg; 07-09-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I always use B-50 string material.

Comment

I use b50 to tie mine on

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Only if you're teaching folks on the internet like the guy in the video
                    The string inside the para cord. There are either 5 or 7 strands of nylon string inside of para cord.

The Dental Floss I have is blue and flat. It looked strange on the string so I cut it off.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                      The string inside the para cord. There are either 5 or 7 strands of nylon string inside of para cord.

The Dental Floss I have is blue and flat. It looked strange on the string so I cut it off.
                      I forgot the smiley...i was trying to be clever

If the nylon string is small enough, i'm sure it would be strong enough. Try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Floss is an easy, handy material but I like something thicker (for reasons Jerp mentioned) such as serving or a strand from a used up string.

Thicker material also requires less knots, which is nice.

I do it like the video above shows, but here is another good way: Tying on an Adjustable Nock - YouTube

I just watched about 10 of his videos. He's a great instructor. Love his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I just watched about 10 of his videos. He's a great instructor. Love his attitude.
                          You're correct. He's got some good ones. He posts some hunting footage as well...usually see it on tradgang first.

Comment

I love his videos.

Comment

Working...
                            X