Broadhead Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead Selection

Ok everyone. I've been playing with Stu's caluculator, reading threads and asking questions over footing and the like. I really like 145gr for a point on the front. With that being said, I'm looking at 3 different possible choices for bh's for hunting. With all the vast knowledge here, I figured you guys would be a wealth of knowledge and ripe for the asking. These are the 3 choices that I am looking hard at. If you have a better suggestion, please clue me in.

Kustom King Trail Maker

Kustom King Traditional Archery, your kingdom for all things traditional archery with a wide selection fo bow and arrow traditional archery supplies, archery gear, and archery equipment. Traditional bows and arrows for sale.

Steel Force Phat Head

Kustom King Traditional Archery, your kingdom for all things traditional archery with a wide selection fo bow and arrow traditional archery supplies, archery gear, and archery equipment. Traditional bows and arrows for sale.

Scirocco

Thanks in advance and again for the help.

I have not used any of those broadheads, but from what I see in the pics, I would lean towards the Phat Head.

JMHO,

Bisch

Comment

The Kustom looks very similar to the Woodsman Elite broadhead. I've been shooting the Woodsman for over a year now and have been happy with the results. Only complaint is that some out of the box must be sharpened. All good choices.

Comment

I've heard good things about all of them. Should all work just fine.

Comment

I've shot the Steel Force Phat heads before and they shot great! Was and still am a fan of them. They are well built heads.

Comment

I have had great results from the scriroccos and it easy to get them super Sharp.. the bleeders bend easy though

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
              I have had great results from the scriroccos and it easy to get them super Sharp.. the bleeders bend easy though
              Hey Brent - What have you found to be the best method to sharpen the Sciroccos?

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                This is completely out of context but I thought I'd tell you that we sure miss you at the bow shop! I had a guy at "a different shop" "tune my Carbon Element" and it only took him 2hrs and he never got it just right. I don't think you're gonna like Alabama, come on back to Nac

Comment

Sorry to hear about the tuning problems. I used the lansky with the rods that go in the wood block at angles. I set them in the 20degree setting. If severely dully get close on file or bench grinder first. Then finish by using leather strip.

Then watch the hair POP right off.

Depending on elections and how much the army changes I may come back to e. Tx and go back to tuning bows

Comment

Hey guys, thought I would throw this out there instead of starting another thread, how do weighted collars work to increase over all tip weight. For instance a 125 gr head with a 50 gr collar!

Comment

Where are you getting a 50 grain collar?

Comment

Well I'm asking for a set up I'm working on

Comment

I just got some trailmakers today

Comment

I would assume it would react the same ad point weight and insert weight

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                              I just got some trailmakers today
                              What are your thoughts on them? How's the flight and such?

Comment

Working...
                              X