Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any input on the Bushmaster carbon AR15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any input on the Bushmaster carbon AR15?

Thinking about picking one up but wondering why they're $200+ cheaper than the rest? Jamming issues or...?
    Thanks

I like mine made of metal. I just dont see how it could hold up to heavy use and a little abuse.

Comment

Carbine? Or actual carbon?
      My uncle has this same platform with a EOTech and magnifier and it never gave me problems when I shot it.
      Bushmaster is a good name and the gun shouldn't let you down.
      Thinking about getting me one now looking at that price!

Comment

Yea I was thinking about getting one as a "starter" AR. Since I know next to nothing about black guns. Don't know even how long it'll take me to figure out how to load it. Just don't want to buy one that's going to give me all kinds of trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan M. View Post
          Carbine? Or actual carbon?
          My uncle has this same platform with a EOTech and magnifier and it never gave me problems when I shot it.
          Bushmaster is a good name and the gun shouldn't let you down.
          Thinking about getting me one now looking at that price!
          I believe it's made of a carbon material. I THINK "carbine" basically means a short rifle... Right?

Comment

Think hes refering to the one in 9mm as the carbine. The carbon has the plastic receiver. I thinks it has some different parts too that arent really standard and limit the ability to upgrade it. Ive shot them. They are really lightweight. The one I shot wasnt real accurate, dont know if it was that particular gun or all of them. It just didnt seem like it would hold up as good as a regular ar with a metal receiver. They owner of that particular carbon 15 doesnt ever shoot it so I cant tell you much about how they actually hold up.

Comment

The lighter weight sounds good to me. I've shot a few DPMS and they are stupid heavy!

Comment

bushmasters are considered junk in the AR world. Substandard material, dimensioning issues just to get started.
                Their Carbon model is the standard which all other junk is compared to

There are much better options out there...

Comment

Just go all out and get it done all in one shot.... Larue Tactical

I'm seriously considering a Larue as my next rifle purchase.

Comment

I'm definitely not an AR expert but when I was looking I was told do not buy a Bushmaster because they have jamming issues. I was at the lease and a one of the guys AR's kept jamming so I asked what brand it was so I'd know not to get that one, it was a Bushmaster.

Comment

They aren't bad I have sold several and never received a complaint on one it made out of that carbon plastic like alot of your pistols are starting to be made out of. They also come with a little red dot sight. They are really light compared to the standard metal lower ar15

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                        bushmasters are considered junk in the AR world. Substandard material, dimensioning issues just to get started.
                        Their Carbon model is the standard which all other junk is compared to

There are much better options out there...
                        Very true but they come with a price!
                        For nailing a few hogs and predators in the head Id say it's a OK deal

Comment

I bought the carbon 15 as my 1st AR platform and never had any problems with it. I've used it for everything from hogs, varmints to running it hot just burning up ammo messing around. Very economical gun for someone looking for an AR without breaking the bank.

Comment

From the link you posted, this looks to be the non-carbon 15. I would say you are looking at a decent entry level AR. As said above, if you've got more $$$ Larue or Noveske is a better way to go. But, if you like me and not eat up with an overpriced toy, this would do you fine.

You can always upgrade parts/accessories from this setup as you go.
                            Last edited by Blue Tick; 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Everyone I know that talks crap about these guns don't own one. Reading the user reviews on a google search, I find most people that bought one are extremely pleased with them. As stated for $700 it's hard to beat - especially if you want it for predator hunting. I've been looking at them as a "gateway" AR that I can shoot for a while and pass on to my step son. If you do buy one, post up your review so we can see what you think. Take one for the team, cuz

Comment

Working...
                              X