Good Bowhunting Ranch for Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Bowhunting Ranch for Exotics

I am looking for a good place to go on a day hunt. I have heard of a few places here close around Cleveland and some within about 4-5 hours in the hill country.

The ones that I have heard of are:
    Cougar Run Ranch and Cougar Run Ranch II
    Bowhunters Paradise

Do you know anything about these?
    Would you recommend any?
    Any idea on the size of these places?

Really interested in Axis, Red, or Fallow only.

Thanks,

Recurve

Try Nolton Creek and Bar E also.

There's an awesome bow only ranch here, close to Victoria, also, the Double L.

Comment

Have been to the Bar-E twice with no regrets. Lots of animals on every hunt. Have booked the Nolton Creek for Nov, 17.

Comment

Whats the latest on the bugscuffle? I know they had a real good reputation for Axis, but I heard a rumor that they were closing the doors.

Comment

Bar E Rocks! With a handle like yours, "Recurve", you will get along with the Zimmermans well. I hunted with the Z's this summer and saw some excellent Axis, monster Red Deer and a good Fallow during our trip...one nice Blackbuck too.

I've heard good things about Nolton Creek & the Double L but never hunted either of them.

Good luck.

Comment

Here's the websites.

BOWHUNTING SOUTH TEXAS FOR WILD HOGS, EXOTICS, WHITETAIL

Comment

I have been to the Bar E Ranch and recommend it. I have heard good things about Nolton Creek, but never been. Good luck

Comment

Might try Sweetwater Creek. Don't know what all kind of critters they have over there though.

Trailboss

Comment

Been to the Bar E and everything was top notch from the accomodations, to the game and to Larry. I would go back in a heart beat. Great place and great time.

Comment

Both Bar-E and Nolton Creek are managed by the Zimmermans. It seems like we hear a lot of good things about them.

Comment

Working...
                    X