Moultrie I40 Security Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie I40 Security Cage

I started with 2’’ angle cut a t 45 degrees. two at 7’’ and two more at 10 1/4’’
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT000111 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24722279
    After welding them together you have this

Name:	PICT00112(Small).JPG
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24722280

Name:	PICT00113 (Small).JPG
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24722281
    Then I took two 2’’ flat steel and cut to 3 1/4’’ then drilled a hole5/8’’ hole about 1/2’’ from one end in both pieces.

Name:	PICT0001 (Small).JPG
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24722282
    I slid the two flats onto the round and slid one to each end. After placing the camera (with upper adjuster screwed all the way in) in the angle box I laid the round on top of the camera making sure not to block any camera criticals and marked to be welded

Name:	PICT0004 (Small).JPG
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24722283

Name:	PICT0006 (Small).JPG
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24722284
    Then clamped the flats to the box. Remove the camera and welded the flats to the box. I also welded a length of chain to wrap around a tree to the side of the box

Name:	PICT0008 (Small).JPG
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	24722285
    Then took a 9/16’’ piece of round steel cut to 9”. I welded a large washer to one end of the round stock and drilled a 11/32’’ hole about 1/2’’ from the other end

Name:	PICT0013 (Small).JPG
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24722286

This is after all assembly has been completed. Noticed I welded a nut to the top of the box so that it could be adjusted for pointing the camera

Name:	PICT0017 (Small).JPG
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24722287
    The picture above appears as if the round is blocking the lense but it isn't when looked at from straight on.

Name:	PICT0019 (Small).JPG
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	24722288
    A little bit of clean up and paint to your likings.

Forgot to mention I drilled 4 holes in the back of the angle and used 5/16 lag bolts to mount to the tree. Acces to the lag bolts is blocked when the camera is in the cage.

Comment

That is for sure the best I have seen. Good job

Comment

Sweet! Now how much to build me one? :

Comment

If it was not -11 here I would be in the garage building one right now

Comment

I just use an old breaker box that I have removed the internal parts and cut out the front just big enough so the camera will fuction properly.

I run a chain through the top of the box and it already has a place for a padlock on the door that opens the box.
            I also run a lag bolt through the box and attach it to the tree for stability!

I hunt where there is a lot of Squirrels and the extra protection of having steel completely cover all exposed corners of the camera sure keeps the squirrels from chewing on the camera.

Comment

Flint-I used the same idea, but I use a T post. I welded two pieces of flat to a T post and drilled the ends with corresponding holes in the box. The box is mounted to the T post. It is not as portable. But I think a complete box protects the camera a little better from the elements.

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! Sweet!

Comment

That is sweet.Very good job.

Comment

These are photos of the custom boxes I built. Since I have gone to using breaker boxes. I get them from the local electricians. The boxes are take offs when they do upgrades and such. These photos are of boxes mounted on pipe. I drive the pipe in the ground. It is difficult to get out of the ground, but not impossible. So if someone really wants to steal it, they can.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fool4Hunting...that is nice!!!

Comment

these are a great idea

Comment

great idea might have to steal it. anyone ever thought of making a box that you screw into the tree and when you mount your camera in it, the screws are covered up? the only way to steal it then is to cut the tree down. unlikely but not impossible still. would be more unlikely the larger the tree you use.

Comment

Nice job , But my camera never tryed to get away!

Comment

Both are great.....

Comment

Working...
                              X