Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Shoot a HILL Style Longbow?

Hey all,

I've always been curious about the Howard Hill bows. I've wanted one for a while, but have never had the chance to get one.
    I thought I'd ask and see how many on here shoot or own Howard Hill bows or bows of that style and how you like them.

Of course pics are always welcome.

Thanks

Nalajr

Not me! I can't stand those grips. You can find all the info you can stand on Hill bows on Trad Gang.

Bisch

Comment

I have a HH style bow, it is a Bear Bruin, but I never shoot it. I'm with Bisch, I can't stand the handle.

Comment

It's on list for next bow, hope try one out soon

Comment

I have a buddy that has probably 15 Hill bows. He sold all his other bows. I'm like Bisch. I can't stand the grip and I don't like D bows either. To each his own.

Comment

I am getting another made for me - It's a string follow style (Sunset hill) - Howard Hill style bow. I found years ago that this type of bow was a pleasure to shoot and I was accurate with it. Going back maybe 25 years to what I have always shot the best. I personally like a low wrist longbow as I heel my bows.

Comment

You can get a locator or dish styled grip made on your Hill bow. I would get a locator style, but I guess the purists would curse me if I did.

Nalajr

Comment

Just got a " Big Five " in the mail the other day it is 60# @30 and 70" , only shot it a few times but so far so good. Will spend some time with it in the next few weeks and get it down.,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Not sure what a Hill style bow is, other than I know it's a longbow with a type of grip that some on here don't like. Anyone have pics of one? And I take it a Hill style bow has no reflex/deflex?

Comment

I haven't shot an actual Hill bow but a knock-off version of it. To say it had handshock would be a huge understatement! That thing bout shook my teeth out and dislocated my elbow. 3 shots was 2 too many for me.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                      I haven't shot an actual Hill bow but a knock-off version of it. To say it had handshock would be a huge understatement! That thing bout shook my teeth out and dislocated my elbow. 3 shots was 2 too many for me.
                      Yeah, Mr. Sarrels spoke of how Zach had to take some ibuprofen after shooting just a few shots out of one.

Comment

Me! I love them I have 3. Only Longbow I own or shoot, Those that hate them just don't know how to shoot them. its all in the grip and bent elbow.And Heavy Wood Arrows
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great Pic Restless! Anyone near Frisco has one I love to shoot one. Hoping to
                          Ale the Denton 3D shoot and try one there

Comment

We build a Hill style bow but put a grip that is closer to the grip we put on all our longbows. The 62" and 64" have some shock but are no more than one of Arvins self bows. Decided to try a 68" model and wow. That is the one that made Zach need to medicate himself. They are really really accurate and handle a very heavy arrow nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by equin View Post
                              Not sure what a Hill style bow is, other than I know it's a longbow with a type of grip that some on here don't like. Anyone have pics of one? And I take it a Hill style bow has no reflex/deflex?
                              EQUIN, todays longbows are mostly hybrid longbows. the reflex.deflex kind,
                              and to those yes i know thay have been built for millions of years, with some kind of "flex". but the English styled longbows were all D shaped, I'v had 2 Mr. HILL bows. loved them, killed my second deer with one, but sadly i'v sacumed to the modern way and now shoot a predator longbow, and don't think i'll go back to shooting a D bow, cause I do love the way bobby's bow's shoot.......

I remember when i first shot at chieftain archery club close to my home town in Penn. i was shooting a old ben pearson longbow, but bought a recurve soon after cause ""everyone else was shooting a recurve", i was a youngone at the time and wanted to be like the other guys at the club, now 40 years latter i look back and wonder, did i do the right thing....HMMMMMM
                              i think after all shoot all the bows ya can and find the one ya like and go for it......enjoy it, oh b.t.w. i still have the pearson, and the recruve on a rack in the bedroom, there own place of honor...
                              jeffro

Comment

Working...
                              X