Ribs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs??

I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to grilling/smoking etc. I was in a huge hurry today and had to cheat on my ribs(I was really craving them). I sliced them and through them in a crockpot with vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, black pepper, and a little liquid smoke. They turned out pretty darn good. Has anyone else ever cooked them in a crockpot? I'm almost embarrassed to even admit it.

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the crockpot. Nice to come home to something already cooked at the end of the day. While ribs in a crockpot may seem blasphemous, I'm imagining that it could be very tasty. Why not work out the exact ingredient amounts and post up the recipe? With pictures if possible. I might be persuaded to try it.

Comment

I like to bake them in an oven using an oven bag. Talk about tender!

1 lg. oven cooking bag
      1/4 c. flour
      1 1/2 c. your favorite barbecue sauce
      1/2 c. chopped onion
      3 1/2 lbs. pork ribs (fat trimmed)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
      Shake flour in oven bag. Place bag on 9x13x2 inch baking dish.
      Add barbecue sauce and onion.
      Squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
      Cut ribs in serving size pieces; place in bag.
      Turn bag to coat ribs. Arrange ribs in even layers.
      Close bag with ties. Cut six 1/2 inch slits in top.
      Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea for a rainy day when you can't get the grill out sika...i'm gonna try it...thanks

Comment

It's basically your fav. BBQ sauce recipe. Here's the original recipe.

1 cup mustard
          1/2 cup ketchup
          These can be reversed depending on if you like more of a ketchup or mustard based sauce.

1/4-1/2 of apple cider vinegar.
          1 T wor. sauce
          1/2 tsp. cayenne(optional)
          1/2 tsp. gran. garlic
          1/2 tsp. black pepper
          Brown Sugar or Honey to taste.

I cooked them on low setting for approximately 2-2 1/2 hrs. and they fell off the bone. Sorry, no pics. There were only bones left.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            1/4-1/2 of apple cider vinegar.
            Cup, Bottle, tsp,Tbsp???

Comment

Sorry about that. 1/4-1/2 cup a.c. vinegar. I usually use 1/4 cup, but added a little extra for the crockpot(for more liquid).

Comment

I take the ribs (from a buck as does don't have much meat on them) and toss in seasoned flour, brown them and place them in a crock with potatoes, carrots and onions....

Comment

If you really want to get your "gut" on,....

Take a slab of baby backs. Rub em with a sweet rub, mist with apple juice, wrap in foil, and set in oven for three hours on 300. When you unwrap you can lay out on a cutting board and remove every bone by sliding them out. Might have to twist while you pull, but they will come out.
                  Find a bread you like. Could be anything. Add some cheese, and whatever else you like on a sammich. Add your rib meat and enjoy a real mcrib.

Comment

BBQ sauce

I made the bbq sauce that has the mustard and castup and it was the best. I was worried about the taste but omg it was great. I made my last two racks of ribs this week and slow baked for 2.5 hrs and was great. I need a few more hogs. ummm good

Comment

Originally posted by Junebug View Post
                      If you really want to get your "gut" on,....

Take a slab of baby backs. Rub em with a sweet rub, mist with apple juice, wrap in foil, and set in oven for three hours on 300. When you unwrap you can lay out on a cutting board and remove every bone by sliding them out. Might have to twist while you pull, but they will come out.
                      Find a bread you like. Could be anything. Add some cheese, and whatever else you like on a sammich. Add your rib meat and enjoy a real mcrib.
                      will try this for sure.
                      thanks

Comment

I like to cook them overnight in the oven at @ 225, then put the on the pit in the morning for a couple hours. Use rub or sauce of choice.

Comment

The Crock Pot Was Invented For One Purpose Only!! And That Is To Slow Cook The Meat To Be Tender And Incorperate All The Flavors Togeather . I Have Three Of Them.

Comment

No disgrace with the crock pot ribs. They're fantastic.

Comment

I always grill them first. But whatever is left over goes in the crock pot the next morning and i let them cook all day. Then i pull the meat and make pulled pork sandwhichs... Mmmm mmmm goood

yall aint getting the sauce recipe though. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X